Monday, December 30, 2013

Champion by Marie Lu

Publication Date: November 5, 2013
Publisher: Putnam Juvenile
Format: eBook
Page Count: 274
Synopsis: He is a Legend.

She is a Prodigy.

Who will be Champion?

June and Day have sacrificed so much for the people of the Republic—and each other—and now their country is on the brink of a new existence. June is back in the good graces of the Republic, working within the government’s elite circles as Princeps-Elect, while Day has been assigned a high-level military position. 
But neither could have predicted the circumstances that will reunite them: just when a peace treaty is imminent, a plague outbreak causes panic in the Colonies, and war threatens the Republic’s border cities. This new strain of plague is deadlier than ever, and June is the only one who knows the key to her country’s defense. But saving the lives of thousands will mean asking the one she loves to give up everything. 
With heart-pounding action and suspense, Marie Lu’s bestselling trilogy draws to a stunning conclusion.

Review: I wish all trilogies were like this one. Marie Lu has crafted an incredible trilogy that only improved with each book. Champion is undoubtedly my favorite of this trilogy. The plot raced along at a breakneck pace, the characters were developed and exciting, and the conclusion was wrapped up well.

   My favorite character of the trilogy has always been June, and she still remains my favorite. She is so intelligent, yet has hints of vulnerability. I love her loyalty, her fierceness, and the way she reacts to everything that's thrown at her. I also love Day, too. Day's loyalty lies with his family above all else, which I respect. Sometimes, I found myself frustrated with Day, but overall, he was a remarkable character.

   The romance between June and Day in this book ripped my heart to shreds, honestly. The insurmountable crack between them due to June's actions before she truly knew him was so heartbreaking. There's nothing worse seeing two people who love each other, but also hurt each other. The angst, the drama, the misunderstandings... it tore my heart! I love the two of them together too much to accept anything else.

   Marie Lu definitely knew where she was going with this conclusion. The plot was always exciting and fresh. Every scene was absorbing, every decision thrilling. It was action-packed and suspenseful and emotional. It was everything I want the last book in a trilogy to be.

   Champion is a beautiful conclusion to a thrilling trilogy--undeniably one of the best conclusions I've read. I'd recommend this trilogy to everyone and anyone, as its breathtaking conclusion has confirmed this trilogy to be among one of my favorites.

   5 keys.


1 comment:

  1. Wow.. what a great blog.. nice posting.. i like this blog.. thanks for the sharing the superb information.nice tips.. Matrimonial sites Punjab | matrimonial sites for Kumaonis | marriage sites in gurgaon

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I read all of them and appreciate them so much. And if you have a blog as well, I always try my best to return the favor! Thanks again for visiting The Book Basement. ^-^

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...