Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday: Fangirl (33)


This week, I'm waiting on...
Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell

Expected Publication Date: September 10, 2013
Publisher: St. Martin's Press
Synopsis: Cath is a Simon Snow fan.

Okay, the whole world is a Simon Snow fan . . .

But for Cath, being a fan is her life — and she’s really good at it. She and her twin sister, Wren, ensconced themselves in the Simon Snow series when they were just kids; it’s what got them through their mother leaving.

Reading. Rereading. Hanging out in Simon Snow forums, writing Simon Snow fan fiction, dressing up like the characters for every movie premiere.

Cath’s sister has mostly grown away from fandom, but Cath can’t let go. She doesn’t want to.

Now that they’re going to college, Wren has told Cath she doesn’t want to be roommates. Cath is on her own, completely outside of her comfort zone. She’s got a surly roommate with a charming, always-around boyfriend, a fiction-writing professor who thinks fan fiction is the end of the civilized world, a handsome classmate who only wants to talk about words . . . And she can’t stop worrying about her dad, who’s loving and fragile and has never really been alone.

For Cath, the question is: Can she do this? Can she make it without Wren holding her hand? Is she ready to start living her own life? Writing her own stories?

Or will she just go on living inside somebody else’s fiction?
Why I'm Waiting: I want to read all of Rainbow's books, but this one, I think, sounds the best! Sadly, it doesn't come out until September. I sometimes read fanfiction (it's a guilty pleasure of mine), and I can't wait to see how Rainbow incorporates it into this story. Plus, all of Rainbow's books' covers are so, so, so cute!

What are you waiting on this Wednesday? :)



21 comments:

  1. Haven't heard of that yet but I'll take not! I see ur reading Pushing the limits hehehe

    new GFC follower

    follow back?
    http://lite-rate-ture.blogspot.com/2013/03/waiting-on-wednesday.html#links

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a nice read! I love the title and cover. Fangirl. :) Great pick!

    My WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay - Rainbow Rowell! (How awesome a name is that, anyway?) Admittedly, I've never read any of her books, but I PLAN TO, I PROMISE. Especially ELEANOR & PARK. That one has been getting so much good reviews, and I always love myself a good contemporary romance. FANGIRL sounds original, too. Thanks for sharing, I've got this one on my radar now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heehee, I love the title! Sounds like many of us bookworms :D

    Here is my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never heard of this, but it looks great. I'm going to add it to my TBR list. Thanks!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. This one looks cute!

    Kat
    www.katsbookbuzz.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aaah, Sophia, wonderful pick! I just finished reading Eleanor & Park and I loved, loved the book. <3 And you're absolutely right! Every Rainbow Rowell's books have very cute cover. x) I really want to read this book too - it seems so different and original. And fangirl! We in blogosphere know that thing very well, don't we? ;)

    Love your pick this week, hun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't seen this one before but I really like the sound of it. I'll add it on my to-read list now and I'd love to read it when it comes out. I hope you enjoy reading it too. Great pick and thanks for sharing!
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fangirl sounds so unique and cute! I would probably fall in love with his handsome classmate who only talks about words. I CAN FEEL IT. Plus, I can relate with reading fanfictions =))

    Thanks so much for sharing and stopping by my blog <3

    Gellie @ A Discombobulated Balladry

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a great pick.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2013/03/waiting-on-wednesday_1088.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't wait to read Fangirl, after absolutely loving Eleanor & Park. Wonderful choice! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great pick! Have fun reading this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey, a book about my life (just with a different fandom!) This looks really good, and I've heard so much good stuff about Eleanor and Park. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm not yet entirely sure whether I want to read this or not.. Guess I just have to wait for reviews :)
    Top 10 Tuesday
    Waiting on Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  15. This sounds interesting! Thanks for sharing!
    New follower here!
    ~Ashley
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  16. When I first heard of this, I thought it wasn't my type of book, but rereading the blurb has me changing my mind about it.

    It definitely sounds like it could be lots of fun and interesting.

    Fabulous pick! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aw, this one seems pretty amazing :D Thank you for sharing Sophia ;) I really hope you'll love it when it comes out in September :)
    Thank you for commenting on my WoW. <3
    Love, Carina @ Carina's Books

    ReplyDelete
  18. I actually haven't read any of Rainbow's books but this one sounds so amazing. And it will be interesting to see how fan culture is represented here.

    ReplyDelete
  19. New follower!

    Hahah, why do I feel like this book is written for folks like us... I feel like this could have been me, lol.

    http://littlesqueed.blogspot.com/2013/03/waiting-on-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I read all of them and appreciate them so much. And if you have a blog as well, I always try my best to return the favor! Thanks again for visiting The Book Basement. ^-^

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...