Thursday, March 14, 2013

Perfect Scoundrels by Ally Carter

Publication Date: February 5, 2013
Publisher: Hyperion Books for Children
Format: eBook
Page Count: 328
Synopsis: Katarina Bishop and W.W. Hale the fifth were born to lead completely different lives: Kat comes from a long, proud line of loveable criminal masterminds, while Hale is the scion of one of the most seemingly perfect dynasties in the world. If their families have one thing in common, it’s that they both know how to stay under the radar while getting—or stealing—whatever they want.

No matter the risk, the Bishops can always be counted on, but in Hale’s family, all bets are off when money is on the line. When Hale unexpectedly inherits his grandmother’s billion dollar corporation, he quickly learns that there’s no place for Kat and their old heists in his new role. But Kat won’t let him go that easily, especially after she gets tipped off that his grandmother’s will might have been altered in an elaborate con to steal the company’s fortune. So instead of being the heir—this time, Hale might be the mark. 

Forced to keep a level head as she and her crew fight for one of their own, Kat comes up with an ambitious and far-reaching plan that only the Bishop family would dare attempt. To pull it off, Kat is prepared to do the impossible, but first, she has to decide if she’s willing to save her boyfriend’s company if it means losing the boy.
Review: You guys, this book is SO PERFECT, it makes me want to kiss Ally Carter's feet. Ally Carter is, without a single doubt, one of my favorite writers. Her books are always so much fun to read, and this one is definitely not an exception. In fact, I think this is the best Heist Society book to date! (And also, the best Ally Carter book!)

   This book focuses on Kat a lot more than the previous books in the series do, and I liked that a lot. Kat is one of my favorite protagonists because she's relatable, funny, and cunning. She has a really difficult situation in this book. Not only is it risky physically, but also emotionally, as she might lose the boy she likes. Kat is such a fantastic character, and this installment made me like her even more.

   Hale... Oh, W. W. Hale the Fifth. I love the boy, I really do, but some things he did in this book made me want to slap him. He's a broken boy in this book, and it was beautiful seeing Kat try and put him back together. The relationship between these two definitely grows exponentially in this book, which I LOVED. I love Kat and Hale together. They make me so happy!

   The plot in this book is the most intricate and surprising of all of her books, I think. It had so many twists and turns! It was so easy to get absorbed in this book. I could not put it down. It was practically glued to my hand! I had to keep on reading.

   I could ramble on about how much I loved this book, but I think I'll stop. Obviously, I loved this book a lot. Perfect Scoundrels is literally the perfect installment to the Heist Society series. It mixes romance, friendship, suspense, and fantastic characters into one lovely novel!

   5 keys.






P.S. To those who've already read this:

11 comments:

  1. Ooooo, I'm just about to start this series! I lobe Ally's Gallagher Girl's series, they were just brilliant! Have you read them? I've heard so ,any great reviews for this book and the series as a whole, so I can't wait to read them all! Great Review Sophia!

    P.s YAY for Pushing The Limits is pure magic! Hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great review! I will add this to my list of books to read! Thank you!

    http://libbysfunbooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi There,
    Thanks for the great review :D I am just about to start this series after loving The Gallagher Girls so much!
    Have you read GG yet, it's awesome. I love your blog and I'd love it if you could check mine out. Happy Blogging :D New Follower,

    - Sunny @ www.asupersunnyspot.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay that image has me super curious now! :P I only skimmed your review as I am planning to start this series as soon as I can (I actually mean it this time!) and don't know to know too much about it. I'm glad to hear you thought this was the best Ally Carter book, though. That makes me excited! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. YEAH SOPHIA!!!! Kat and Hale make me so happy too:) There were definitely times I wanted to shake Hale, but I was really glad Kat got knocked out of her stupor a little bit in this one and realized how much Hale really means to her. She's always pushing him away, so it was really great to see her try and pull him close in this one:) So glad you loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a huge confession to make! I've never actually read ANY of Ally Carter's books. Ha, yeah, it's true. That's why I'm so glad you loved PERFECT SCOUNDRELS. To be honest, I wasn't all that interested in it, but now I am. I mean, a hot, lovable love interest and a complex, in depth plot? Who can say no to that?

    Plus, that scooter makes me extremely curious. ;)

    Lovely review, Sophia!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to agree with everything you've said Sophia, Perfect Scoundrels was definitely the best book in the series so far. I loved how Carter was finally able to focus on Kat and Hale's relationship, something that I had been waiting for forever! But yes Hale's character definitely broke my heart too! I can't wait to read more from the fabulous characters! Lovely review Sophia! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I so want to read this author's books, I really should just stop everything and get this whole series, they all sound like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The best Heist Society book to date? Wow!

    I was really used to seeing Hale as funny and clever, so I couldn't really picture him as a broken boy in my mind right now. Bet I'll have to read the book and find out what really happened. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, this book sounds so amazing, Sophia! <3 I've always wanted to start this series since Gallagher Girls is soooo cute, so I'm very excited that you loved it very much! It's great to hear that this book is just as perfect as it sounds! <3 Hale seems amazing! Brilliant, sweet, yet a bit broken? That sounds like the kind of my guy! ;)

    Thank you for the amazing review, Sophia! <3 I can't wait to start this series soon! c:

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha, I love that you added that on there!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I read all of them and appreciate them so much. And if you have a blog as well, I always try my best to return the favor! Thanks again for visiting The Book Basement. ^-^

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...