Friday, March 15, 2013

Divergent Movie Casting News!

Hey, everyone! As you might know, I'm a HUGE Divergent fangirl. Like, Divergent is practically my life. I own three copies of Divergent and four copies of Insurgent. I'm a tad bit obsessed.

So, obviously, I'm always stalking every Divergent fansite... and with the movie in the works, there have been some really exciting casting news. For example, WE NOW KNOW WHO IS PLAYING FOUR. But let's have a quick recap.

First, we got Shailene Woodley as Beatrice "Tris" Prior.
(Source: tumblr)

Then, we heard that Kate Winslet signed on, though there's no word on what part she's going to play. I've heard rumors that she might be playing Tris's mother, or she might even be playing the villain, Jeanine Matthews. We'll have to wait for more news on that!
(Source: empireonline

Then, fans got three at one time!

Zoe Kravitz as Christina, Maggie Q as Tori, and Ansel Elgort as Caleb Prior!

Quickly after that, we found out that Jai Courtney is going to playing Eric!

And today, after long months of impatience, fans have been informed that the actor to play our favorite boy is... Theo James! He will playing our love, Tobias "Four" Eaton!

He's not the Drew Roy I was dreaming to play Four, but I welcome Theo with open arms! Let's take a second to admire him, shall we?
Gorgeous! What does Veronica think about Theo? She says, "Recently I saw Theo James’ screen test with Shailene Woodley, and I was sure within seconds: this was ‘Four,’ no question. Theo is able to capture ‘Four’s’ authority and strength, as well as his depth and sensitivity. He is a perfect match for Shailene’s incredibly strong presence as Tris. I’m thrilled!"

I'm thrilled, too! We finally know who's playing my favorite book boyfriend!

UPDATE: It's been said that Miles Teller will be playing Peter!


What are your thoughts on the Divergent casting so far? And are you excited for the movie to come out? (HECK YEAH!) But until the movie comes out, I'll be (im)patiently waiting for Divergent #3 to come out... Or have a cover... OR HAVE A TITLE.



9 comments:

  1. OMG!! Thanks so much for sharing. He's not quite who I imagined for four but it veronica thinks he is perfect, well she knows four better then anyone. I don't like Caleb though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YESSSS. Okay, I am SO excited now. At first there were rumors of how Alex Pettyfer was going to be Four, and my friend and I were so upset evacuee Perttyfer does NOT look like Four, at all. So Theo James being Four is definitely better! And I think Kate Winslet would be great as Jeanine. :D

    Anxiously waiting for DIVERGENT #3's title and cover too. Thanks for sharing, Sophia!

    P.S. Three copies of DIVERGENT and four copies of INSURGENT? Girl, that's called a problem! :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok, I am warming up to this Theo person! that second picture is gorgeous!! Maqqie Q is perfect.. I think Kate Winslet would suit the villain more than Tris's mother.

    I am so excited for this! thanks for this post,
    - Juhina @ Maji Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looove this post. Thank you for keeping me updated on the casts, Sophia! And obviously, you're only a tad bit obsessed, hun. ;) Finally, we have Four! <3 FOUR.FOUR.FOUR. I love him to pieces, OMG. I'm excited that Kate Winslet is going to be in the movie as well! I think Maggie Q, Zoe Kravitz, and Ansel Elgort are perfect for their roles! Whoa, Shailene Woodley aka Tris is so beautiful. O.O Didn't expect it, but I hope she will be able to bring our strong, kickass heroine comes to life! <3

    Divergent 3 should be named Detergent... just kidding. Kind of. :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. While I'm not too crazy about this series, I have a feeling it will work much better as a movie. At least that's what I hope. Theo James is smokin' hot, there's no doubt about it, but to be honest, he seems a bit too old. He's 28, for crying out loud. We'll see the wonders of movie make up once again, I suppose.
    And I'm totally excited about Kate. Love her.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So. I'm going to be completely honest here.

    I don't like the cast.

    I don't know why, but none of these people are really what I pictured them to be. I'm not planning to watch the movie, even if it's a;slkfjapoiur amazing, because I love this series way too freaking much and I don't want to ruin the images of scenes in my head, especially the really important ones, like the ferris wheel scene. I don't know, call me weird, but that's my two cents.

    Thanks for sharing, though, Sophia! <3<3

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't have any major complaints, but then again, I really understand where Aneeqah is coming from. If you've imagined a book in your head, the movie never really seems right.

    But I will keep an open mind and hope it all comes out great.

    You can find me here: Jen @ YA Romantics

    ReplyDelete
  8. I welcome Theo with open arms as well Sophia! I think he'll make a spectacular Four! I know there were some complaints that he was a little older, but as someone a little older myself, that works out really well for me:) CANNOT WAIT TO SEE THIS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, Shailene is doing really well for herself! First she's playing the main role in Divergent, but also the main role in The Fault in our Stars too! These are two of my favourite books of all time, so I really hope she is a wonderful actress or it will be a real let down.

    I don't know what it is, but for some reason Theo James just doesn't work for me. I think he has a really cheesy smile and he isn't at all what I had in my mind for Four. But who knows, maybe he'll surprise me and I'll end up loving him!

    The one cast member I am soooo happy about is Kate Winslet as Jeanine! Kate is such a fantastic, perfect actress and I just know she'll be amazing in the movie.

    Thank you so much for sharing this informative post with us, Sophia! I'm really slow with the movie/book news, so if it wasn't for these types of posts from my favourite book bloggers, I would be very clueless! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I read all of them and appreciate them so much. And if you have a blog as well, I always try my best to return the favor! Thanks again for visiting The Book Basement. ^-^

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...