Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday: Meant to Be (31)

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine.

This week, I am waiting on...
Meant to Be by Lauren Morrill

Expected Publication Date: November 13, 2012
Publisher: Delacorte
Synopsis: Meant to be or not meant to be . . . that is the question. 

It's one thing to fall head over heels into a puddle of hazelnut coffee, and quite another to fall for the—gasp—wrong guy. Straight-A junior Julia may be accident prone, but she's queen of following rules and being prepared. That's why she keeps a pencil sharpener in her purse and a pocket Shakespeare in her, well, pocket. And that's also why she's chosen Mark Bixford, her childhood crush, as her MTB ("meant to be").

But this spring break, Julia's rules are about to get defenestrated (SAT word: to be thrown from a window) when she's partnered with her personal nemesis, class-clown Jason, on a school trip to London. After one wild party, Julia starts receiving romantic texts . . . from an unknown number! Jason promises to help discover the identity of her mysterious new suitor if she agrees to break a few rules along the way. And thus begins a wild goose chase through London, leading Julia closer and closer to the biggest surprise of all: true love.

Because sometimes the things you least expect are the most meant to be.
Why I'm Waiting: This book sounds so cute. It looks like one of those books that just fills you with laughter and smiles. Plus, the cover is just so darn adorable. Reminds me a little bit of The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight.

What are you waiting on this Wednesday? :)

14 comments:

  1. You picked a contemp!! I can't wait to read this one, either. It does kind of remind me of Statistical Probability and it just sounds so adorable <3

    Excellent choice :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This does sound cute! The cover is adorable too. Great choice, Sophia! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the cover so much and I really hope this book lives up to the hype, I've read one positive review and one negative so far

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really, really, really want to read this!!! :)

    Here is my WoW: http://tinyurl.com/cmr2uxp
    Nickey @ The Book Shop Assistant

    ReplyDelete
  5. I first saw this book a few weeks ago and I instantly fell in love with it! It sounds like such a cute story! :)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. YES SOPHIA!!!! I can't wait for this one either, it sounds adorable and I want it in my hands immediately. The colorful cover just makes me happy. NEED:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The cover is SUPER ADORABLE! I'm dying to read this book! November, still so far away! I agree with you, Sophia, this book just sounds like a very cute read! Hopefully the story can match the awesomeness of the cover! x)

    Awesome pick for WOW this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh, I know right? I've heard bloggers talk about how great this book is so imagine my dismay when I found out it's released all the way in NOVEMBER. It's so far away!! But near my birthday, hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks to be an adorable read! Thanks for sharing!

    My WoW
    Renae @ Rolling with the Moments

    ReplyDelete
  10. THAT COVER <333 And that synopsis!!! I think I'm in love with this book already! Julia sounds like someone I would adore with all those quirks of hers and a wild goose chase through London sounds fantabulous. Great pick. I want to read this!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't even begin to tell you how flipping excited I am to read this book! I got it for review, too, which is even more amazing!! :D SOOO EXCITED!! :D

    Sierra @ Yearning to Read

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'll definitely buy this one .. It sounds like an amazing contemporary read ! Great pick

    ReplyDelete
  13. This sounds like such a great book - the synopsis makes me think I'd love it and the cover is super gorgeous <3 Thanks for sharing, Sophia!

    New follower, your blog is really cool and you're a teenager like me! :D Look forward to reading more of your lovely posts

    Beverley @ A Reading Daydreamer

    ReplyDelete
  14. I got this from NetGalley but haven't read it yet.

    My blog - http://bookbloggermom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I read all of them and appreciate them so much. And if you have a blog as well, I always try my best to return the favor! Thanks again for visiting The Book Basement. ^-^

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...