Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday: Carnival of Souls (31)

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine!

This week, I am waiting on...
Carnival of Souls by Melissa Marr

Expected Publication Date: September 4, 2012
Publisher: HarperCollins
Synopsis: In a city of daimons, the Carnival of Souls hosts a deadly competition. Once in a generation, every citizen can fight to join the ruling elite. Without the competition, Aya and Kaleb would both face bleak futures—if for different reasons. For each of them, fighting to the death is the only way to try to live.

In our own world, Mallory knows that her father—and every other witch—fled the daimons’ city long ago. She trains to be lethal because it’s only a matter of time until the daimons catch up with them.

While Mallory possesses little knowledge of The City, every inhabitant of The City knows of her. There are plans there for Mallory, and soon she, too, will be drawn into the decadence that is the Carnival of Souls.

From Melissa Marr, bestselling author of the Wicked Lovely series, comes a brand-new tale of secrets, love, and the struggle to forge one’s own destiny.
Why I'm Waiting: Did you READ that synopsis? Seriously, it sounds so incredible! I need it NOW, please. I haven't read any of Melissa's other books, but this one sounds fabulous. The title is awesome, and the cover is stunning.

What are you waiting on this Wednesday? :)


16 comments:

  1. This one sounds pretty interesting :)
    I also like you "to be reviewed next" book! :)

    - New follower :)

    See my Waiting on Wednesday Here
    Tabby @Insightful Minds & IM Design Studio

    ReplyDelete
  2. I picked the same thing. CANNOT WAIT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Fighting to death is the only way to live." I love that.

    You know, I don't know what I was thinking. I saw this cover earlier today and because it looked so much like a different Melissa de la Cruz book (<--- isn't that weird?) that I didn't like, and they both have the same name I completely wrote the book off. Thanks for making me stop and actually read the synopsis!

    Happy WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melissa Marr!?? Sure I would read it!
    Happy Wednesday and new email follower :)

    The Muggle
    -International Giveaway
    -List of Giveaways/Kindle Deals

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to agree with you, it sounds incredible! And the cover makes the book all the more irresistible! I want this now. Great pick :)

    Check out our WoW picks for this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read all of Marr's published books and this has been on my wish list for ages already - I'm dying to read it! Great pick!

    Here is mine: http://tinyurl.com/buxf9nu
    Nickey @ The Book Shop Assistant

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the title! :D And I haven't read so many books about daimons. I have her other books on my wishlist, but this one is new to me, so I've added it to Goodreads right away. Thanks!

    http://thedailyprophecy.blogspot.com/2012/05/waiting-on-wednesday-13-adrienne-stoltz.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. This does sound really good! I've read some of Marr's other books and didn't really love them, but this one looks promising!

    Thanks for sharing!

    My WoW
    Renae @ Rolling with the Moments

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds really great! That cover is so ominous. Great pick. Here's my Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  10. Carnival of Souls reminds me of a metal rock band, who had something similar as a storyline for their songs. I definitely want to read this!

    Read my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like an exciting choice.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/05/waiting-on-wednesday_23.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds awesome. Melissa Marr is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love Melissa Marr! Looking forward to this one. Please check out my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Melissa Marr is fantastic!!
    Enjoy once you get a copy in your hands!

    Ü

    Crazy Book Slut's WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I didn't realise this had a cover, but it sounds awesome! I can't wait to get my hands on it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've met Melissa Marr. She is awesome. I have yet to read anything by her. Maybe I could start with this! Looks wicked!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I read all of them and appreciate them so much. And if you have a blog as well, I always try my best to return the favor! Thanks again for visiting The Book Basement. ^-^

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...