Saturday, May 26, 2012

7 Clues to Winning You by Kristin Walker

Publication Date: April 26, 2012
Publisher: Razorbill
Format: Paperback
Page Count: 317
SynopsisWhen a humiliating picture of Blythe goes viral, she's instantly the target of ridicule at her new school. To salvage her reputation, Blythe teams up with Luke to win the Senior Scramble scavenger hunt. But Luke is an unlikely ally and potentially can't be trusted.

Perhaps it's his Shakespearean witticisms that reel Blythe in despite her better judgment . . . or maybe she just craves the thrill of the game. But as the hunt progresses, their relationship heats up. Soon their madcap mischief spirals out of control. Blythe is faced with arrest and expulsion, among other catastrophes - until Luke shows her what the Scramble (and love) is really about.
Review: I'm going to be honest and say that this book has Anna and the French Kiss syndrome--an awful cover and an irrelevant/vague synopsis, but completely amazing content. I loved this book so much. I'm not sure if it's because I was in the perfect mood to read it (I was craving a light, cute romance so badly), or if the book itself is really that amazing, but either way, I loved it.

   Blythe has a perfect life at her old school. She's popular, pretty, and has many friends. But then her dad suddenly wants to move the whole family to Ash Grove district, because of his job. And... let's just say, the students there are not welcoming of Blythe. Poor girl. I really connected with her character and enjoyed her narrative a lot.

   The characters were all great and lovable. I loved Blythe, the main character. She was smart and funny, the kind of girl I'd be friends with. And I loved the way she spoke. She always sounded sophisticated and on point. I also totally fell for Luke Pavel, despite the bad first impression. He was adorably in his geeky way, and now, I want a Luke Pavel of my own, please! Cy and Jenna, Blythe's new (unexpected!) friends, were also fabulous. Hilarious and caring--just the way friends should be.

   This book was just pure entertainment to me. I loved every single word, every single plot twist, every single character. I just loved this book so hard. It's more than just a cute high school story, though. There are deeper undertones, without overwhelming the reader, and still being able to be called light.

   7 Clues to Winning You is a perfectly written romance that will bring a smile to readers' faces throughout every page.

   5 keys, for sure!


12 comments:

  1. Oh, I think I have this book somewhere on my bookshelf! I actually kind of like the cover, I think the guy is cute LOL! x) I agree, the blurb is kind of vague, but great to hear that the content inside is amazing. <3

    Lovely review, Sophia! So glad you enjoyed this book! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blythe seems a character I would love!! I'm in love with 'sophisticated and on point' characters, haha. That's why Sailor Neptune was always my favourite. :) I didn't think much of this book but will definitely try it now because your review! Thanks so much, Sophia. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read a library copy of this book last week and really enjoyed it! A fun, fast read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh this sounds like a lot of fun and you're totally right that you wouldn't know it based on the cover! I am definitely adding this to my to-read list based on your review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never even heard of this before but it sounds like a delightful read. I'll keep this in mind for when I am up for a cute romance. Awesome review, Sophia! I'm glad you enjoyed it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't heard of this one. Honestly, you are right about the cover. I would have passed on it. I loved Anna and the French Kiss and I am definitely in the mood for a light read with complexity. I will add this to my list. Thanks for the recommend, Sophia.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't love the cover either! It's okay... but not the kind of book I'd pick up on looking at the cover. I might give it a shot now, though! It sounds soo cute and I LOVED Anna and the French Kiss, so :D Great review, Sophia <33

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww this book sounds totally cute ! :)
    It's next on my to-read list, so I'm excited to read it now after seeing your review.
    I loved Anna and The French Kiss, so I have a feeling I'll love this one too.
    Lovely review, Sophia :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lol, I actually liked the cover of Anna and the French Kiss just because it promised a sweet and fun romance. The cover of this one looks kind of childish but it's always nice to find books that you think you're not going to like and then end up loving them. I'm going to definitely see if I can find a copy of this one since it sounds like a cute, light read. These days books with pretty covers just don't seem to have great content within them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This definitely sounds ADORABLE! Hahaha I don't like the cover of this book, but I definitely like the cover of Anna and the French Kiss...but maybe that's just me. Thanks for the informative review - I'll definitely be picking this one up! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved Kristin's debut, A Match Made in High School and now I can't wait to get to this one! I love an MC who's smart, funny, and sophisticated. Thanks for an excellent review, I'm so glad you enjoyed it! I'm definitely moving this one up the pile :0)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cập nhật KQXSMB| hôm nay nhanh nhất
    Mời các bạn đón xem xo so mien nam | hàng tuần cập nhật liên tục

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I read all of them and appreciate them so much. And if you have a blog as well, I always try my best to return the favor! Thanks again for visiting The Book Basement. ^-^

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...