Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday: Ironskin (29)

Waiting on Wednesday by Jill at Breaking the Spine.

This week, I am waiting on...
Ironskin by Tina Connolly

Expected Publication Date: October 2, 2012
Publisher: Tor
Synopsis: Jane Eliot wears an iron mask. 

It’s the only way to contain the fey curse that scars her cheek. The Great War is five years gone, but its scattered victims remain—the ironskin. 

When a carefully worded listing appears for a governess to assist with a "delicate situation"—a child born during the Great War—Jane is certain the child is fey-cursed, and that she can help. 

Teaching the unruly Dorie to suppress her curse is hard enough; she certainly didn’t expect to fall for the girl’s father, the enigmatic artist Edward Rochart. But her blossoming crush is stifled by her own scars, and by his parade of women. Ugly women, who enter his closed studio...and come out as beautiful as the fey. 

Jane knows Rochart cannot love her, just as she knows that she must wear iron for the rest of her life. But what if neither of these things is true? Step by step Jane unlocks the secrets of her new life—and discover just how far she will go to become whole again.
Why I'm Waiting: I haven't read too many faerie books, but this one sounds great! It's a retelling of Jane Eyre, so you know it's going to be fabulous. I can't wait for this release! The concept is intriguing, the cover is beautiful, and I'm sold. :)

What are you waiting on this Wednesday?

23 comments:

  1. Ironskin does sound amazing. I love the cover as well. Faerie books tend to be either hit or miss with me, so hopefully this one is a hit. Great choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the title and cover of this novel, plus.. the blurb doesn't sound too bad either. *g*

    Patricia // My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely a cool combination. Today is the first day I've heard of this book and it definitely sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my god. This book looks amazing. I'm in love with the cover. Great pick!

    Check out my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH WHOAH. Lovely. I love retellings I really do. The cover is gorgeous and the synopsis very intriguing. Will be on alert for this one!

    Aleksandra and her WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I so want to read this book! It sounds amazing :) Great pick this week! Check out my WOW:

    Crystal @ Elegantly Bound Books

    ReplyDelete
  7. A great cover, good pick.

    http://tributebooksreviews.blogspot.com/2012/04/waiting-on-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. This does sound interesting!
    Thanks for sharing,
    Dani
    http://paulettespapers.com/?p=1957

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooo this sounds awesome! I already hurt for Jane having to watch this "parade of women" - that would not be a fun experience. Thanks so much for spotlighting this one Sophia, it's on my list for sure:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't read too many fey books either, Sophia, but this one sounds great! I already have it on my wishlist :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've heard of this book before, but I didn't know it was a retelling of Jane Eyre! That's so cool. The synopsis sounds super interesting, so I can't wait to read it! It just sounds awesome. Great pick. =)

    -Aneeqah @ My Not So Real Life

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jane Eyre and the fae? Uh, yeah!!! Definitely on my list.

    Our WoW is at Book Sake. –Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my gosh, yes! I'm with you all the way on waiting on this one. It sounds seriously fantastic and it's so GORGEOUS! o: *pets* Totally want the dress... lol.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've seen this book around a fair bit in the bloggershpere and it looks really cool! I cannot wait for it to come out!

    Thanks for sharing!

    My WoW!
    Renae @ Rolling with the Moments

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great pick! I actually hadn't heard of this before and now I can't wait!

    My WOW post this week.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Faeries and Jane Eyre in the same book ? I NEED this !! I absolutely love the sound of this book and the cover looks lovely :) !! Great pick Sophia :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. O_o Did I mention how scared I am of faeries? A faery curse sounds like my worst nightmare! Still, this seems very original and I'm definitely adding it to my tbr right now. Thanks, Sophia, I never noticed it before.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've been "waiting" on this one too!!! Have you read Jane Eyre? Sounds like it!! :) Great Pick!

    Haley@www.passingthepages.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I adore the cover and the description for this book! I really hope it doesn't end up being a let-down as I am going in with high expectations! Great choice. :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. This sounds so good...I really hope it lives up to the summary :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I think I've seen this book before! What a gorgeous cover and the summary sounds really interesting! Definitely adding this to my TBR!

    Awesome pick, Sophia! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  22. GASP!! This book looks seriously amazing! I love the cover/synopsis/Jane Eyre similarities - everything. Thanks for sharing! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I read all of them and appreciate them so much. And if you have a blog as well, I always try my best to return the favor! Thanks again for visiting The Book Basement. ^-^

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...