Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday: Tiger Lily (25)

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine.

This week, I am waiting on...
Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson

Expected Publication Date: July 3, 2012
Publisher: Harper Collins
Synopsis15 year old Tiger Lily, proud and fierce, wild and misunderstood, doesn't believe in love stories or happy endings. Then she meets the teenage Peter Pan in the forbidden woods of Neverland, and immediately falls under his spell. Peter is unlike anyone she's ever known. Impetuous and brave, big-hearted but hard to reach, he both scares and enthralls her. As the leader of the Lost Boys, the most fearsome of Neverland's inhabitants, Peter is an unthinkable match for Tiger Lily. Soon, she is risking everything - her family, her future - to be with the haunted, hunted, courageous boy who loves her. When - as a punishment for her rebellious ways - she is faced with marriage to a terrible man in her own tribe, she must choose between the life she's always known and running away to an uncertain future with Peter. With enemies threatening to tear them apart, the lovers seem doomed. But it's the arrival of Wendy Darling, an English girl who's everything Tiger Lily is not, that leads Tiger Lily to discover that the most dangerous enemies can live inside even the most loyal and loving heart. 

From the New York Times bestselling author of PEACHES comes a magical and bewitching story of the romance between a fearless heroine and the boy who wouldn't grow up.
Why I'm Waiting On It: Tiger Lily is a character in Peter Pan that I think people tend to look over. I'm so glad that someone (namely, Jodi Lynn Anderson) has decided to create a story in her perspective--and what a story it is! This book sounds beautiful, heart breaking, and magical. I cannot wait to read it. Plus, the cover? Hello--gorgeous!

What are you waiting on this Wednesday?

20 comments:

  1. This sounds cool..and i loved peter pan..thanks for sharing this one

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so looking forward to Tiger Lily! This book sounds so good and I already love the story of Peter Pan. I am really interested and excited to see a story about Tiger Lily as well! Great pick!

    My WOW
    Traci @ The Reading Geek

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! This sounds so awesome! I love Peter Pan! I am adding this to my TBR pile! Thanks for sharing!

    Wanna come check out my WoW?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the cover for this one and this book sounds like it's going to be awesome. I can't wait to read it. Great pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This book sounds awesome. Like the cover, too! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I only recently started hearing about this one, but it sounds really good! I've added it to my wishlist :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. 1. I have to ready Peter Pan.
    2. I must read this book!

    Aleksandra @ Divine Secrets of a Little Bookworm

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never heard of this before, but it sounds so good! Definitely an interesting perspective to the Peter Pan story. Thanks for sharing!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  9. AWESOME pick! LOVE Peter Pan! Thanks for sharing this with us. I hadn't heard of it before now.

    http://jrafterdark.blogspot.com/2012/03/wow-something-like-normal-by-trish.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds like a really awesome read... I might wait for a few reviews before picking it up myself, but I'm definitely intrigued! :)

    Carina
    Fictional Distraction

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohh sounds interesting! I'm definitely adding this one to my TBR list. Thanks for sharing!

    Pam | jelly loves books

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice waiting on pick! I'll definitely be checking this one out when it is released and it so being added to my overflowing TBR list. Thank you for sharing! :)

    Here's mine:

    http://amylunderman.blogspot.com/2012/03/waiting-on-wednesday-14.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love fairytale spin-offs! Thanks for sharing.

    Here's MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
  14. An interesting choice.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/03/waiting-on-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. I agree this one does sounds amazing !! I love retellings though I haven't read many and Peter Pan has always been one of my favourite fairy tales !! I really look forward to read this one, it sounds very moving and the cover looks stunning !! Great pick Sophia :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. hmm, haven't seen this one yet; not sure if its my style but it looks pretty good. new follower; feel free to stop by My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is an interesting pick. I hope Wendy gets a sequel.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great pick! This one's on my WL!

    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  19. This was one of my WOW choices recently. It sounds amazing, right? :D I love anything to do with peter Pan, so I can't wait to read this.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I read all of them and appreciate them so much. And if you have a blog as well, I always try my best to return the favor! Thanks again for visiting The Book Basement. ^-^

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...