Friday, March 16, 2012

Out of Sight, Out of Time by Ally Carter


Publication Date: March 13, 2012
Publisher: Disney Hyperion
Format: Hardcover
Page Count: 294
SynopsisThe last thing Cammie Morgan remembers is leaving the Gallagher Academy to protect her friends and family from the Circle of Cavan--an ancient terrorist organization that has been hunting her for over a year. But when Cammie wakes up in an alpine convent and discovers months have passed, she must face the fact that her memory is now a black hole. The only traces left of Cammie’s summer vacation are the bruises on her body and the dirt under her nails, and all she wants is to go home.


Once she returns to school, however, Cammie realizes that even the Gallagher Academy now holds more questions than answers. Cammie, her friends, and mysterious spy-guy Zach must face their most difficult challenge yet as they travel to the other side of the world, hoping to piece together the clues that Cammie left behind. It’s a race against time. The Circle is hot on their trail and willing stop at nothing to prevent Cammie from remembering what she did last summer.

Review: The thing about the Gallagher Girls books is that the interval between each book's publication is so lengthy that I always forget what happened in the previous book. Luckily, that's okay, because Cammie doesn't remember either. She's lost her memory and that's eating her alive.

   This book is definitely the darkest in the series. I remember the first book was so light and fun. I mean, it was about a girl spy falling in love with a boy. Very cute, right? But now, the series has turned slightly serious. This book has memory loss, torture and secrets.

   When characters lose their memory, I have a tendency to get very frustrated with them. But that didn't happen in this book. I still liked Cammie. She was very likable despite her situation, and I liked how she tried her best to be proactive. I could definitely understand her emotions, though her actions were sometimes a bit crazy (which was explained in the end).

   The plot in this book is fast and furious. It really is a race against time as Cammie tries her best to regain her memory. Things come in flashes and Cammie has to piece together all the clues that she left behind during the summer. It was mysterious, absorbing, and addicting. The pages turned themselves.

   Out of Sight, Out of Time is an enjoyable addition to the Gallagher Girls series. Engrossing, dark, and humorous, this book is sure to please Ally Carter fans.

   4 keys.

10 comments:

  1. Awesome review! I love that you were still able to enjoy this book despite it being slightly darker. You wouldn't think that from looking at the cover. I can't wait to read it myself! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sophiiiiiiia! thnx for stopping by!
    I definitely need to catch up with this series sniff! I havent read any of these books even though I love the Heist Society ones.

    It sounds like an interesting twist from the light and fun previous books to this one that is much darker. Hopefully I'll read them soon! excellent review my dear! muah!! =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds so good, by maybe I will wait till a few are published and then read them back to back..LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm, I understand about liking a character for being proactive. I hate it when they sit around and wait to be magically rescued. even though the series has a somewhat darker tone now, I'm happy you're still enjoying it.
    Lovely review, Sophia.
    Btw, I'm putting up your blog button now. :)
    Maja @ The Nocturnal Library

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hear such great things about this series--I really have to try it if it's still this good after 5 books! Would you believe I still haven't read Heist Society, either? o_O

    Thanks for stopping by my blog! :)

    Wendy @ The Midnight Garden

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, I honestly just finished this book last night (this morning?) and I agree with you completely! This book was SO different from the other books in the series! The first book was light and sweet, the second book was absolutely smile-worthy, the next two were hinting towards darkness, and then this book -- BAM! It was intense and dark and twisting (and like you said, mysterious, absorbing, and addicting too!) and I loved every second of it! <3

    AMAZING review, Sophia! <3 The wait for the next book is going to be so torturous -- I'm really excited to see how Ally is going to end everything! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't read this series but I love Ally Carter's Heist Society. Perhaps I should give this one a try as well because it's got spies and I've heard good things about it. It's too bad though that the wait between books is so long; I'm like you and tend to forget what happened in previous books.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog, Sophia!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, you're making me super curious. I haven't read the firsts in the series, but I sure love the "memory loss, torture and secrets" that seem to exist in this one! I'm also glad the memory loss seems to be done real well! I'll have to check the series out, I think. Great review:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your review definitely makes me want to read the series! I love how it's totally not like the first book. Such drastic changes pique my interest, for some reason. Fantastic review, I'm definitely interested in reading this book. I'll have to start with the first book of the series, of course xD

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I read all of them and appreciate them so much. And if you have a blog as well, I always try my best to return the favor! Thanks again for visiting The Book Basement. ^-^

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...