Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday: My Life Next Door (22)

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine!

This week, I am waiting on...
My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick

Expected Publication Date: June 14, 2012
Publisher: Dial Books for Young Readers
Synopsis"One thing my mother never knew, and would disapprove of most of all, was that I watched the Garretts. All the time." 

The Garretts are everything the Reeds are not. Loud, numerous, messy. And every day from her balcony perch, seventeen year old Samantha wishes she was one of them… until the day Jase Garrett climbs her terrace and changes everything. 

Jase can sense that his beautiful neighbor is missing something in her sterile home, and as the two fall fiercely in love, his family makes her one of their own. 

But when the bottom drops out of Sam's world, which perfect family will save her–and will her perfect love survive? 

Set among the haves and have-nots of a coastal New England town, My LIFE NEXT DOOR captures the angst, the heartache, and the raw-nerve emotions of first time love—and biting loss.
This book has been on my "to-read" on Goodreads for forever! Ever since I've heard about it, I've been dying to read it. I'm so envious whenever it appears in someone's IMM, because I want to read it so badly. Katie from Katie's Book Blog said it was great in ANNA proportions (meaning Anna and the French Kiss). So you know it's going to be great. 

What are you waiting on this Wednesday?

4 comments:

  1. I love a good contemp love story and this sounds like it will be just right for summer!! Great pick this week it is going on my list too.

    Check out my WOW.

    Emma @ Lost in a YA book

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've already seen this somewhere today; I guess it's really going to be a big hit :) Will add it to my to-read list^^

    Here is my WoW post: http://tinyurl.com/789olvo
    Nickey @ The Book Shop Assistant

    ReplyDelete
  3. This book sounds really cool! Kind of like a Romeo and Juliet style story - but hopefully with a better (and happier) ending!

    Come visit my WoW?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've not heard of this before but it sounds fantastic - thanks for sharing! I'm getting a Romeo & Juliet vibe, and if it's of Anna proportion, that's just all the better!

    Ashley @ Ashley Loves Books
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I read all of them and appreciate them so much. And if you have a blog as well, I always try my best to return the favor! Thanks again for visiting The Book Basement. ^-^

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...