Monday, February 13, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday: Books That Broke My Heart a Little (13)

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by Broke and the Bookish!

This week's topic...
Top Ten Books that Broke Your Heart a Little

1) Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare - Okay. My heart did not break a little. My heart shattered into billions of shards. My poor Will Herondale... 

2) The Fault in Our Stars by John Green - If you've read this book, you know why. 

3) Where She Went by Gayle Forman - By the end, my heart was mended, but throughout the whole novel, my heart would break and mend itself like crazy.

4) New Moon by Stephenie Meyer - Er, come on. You must've been a Twihard at some point in your YA reading life. This one tore through me!

5) Delirium by Lauren Oliver - The ending. The ending. The ending. I mean--I just--I can't even... The ending! D:

I only have five books this week! Sorry! Usually, books have happy endings and my heart doesn't break. What's on your top ten? ;)

11 comments:

  1. Nice list! Definitely agree with you on TFIOS. Haven't read any of the other books except New Moon. (I'm a bad YA reader, what can I say?).

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of these made me cry!! Though I must admit that my tears re: Clockwork Prince had to with Jem more than Will. :P I'm sure Clockwork Princess will bring the waterworks from both of us again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so need to read the fault in our stars, I have heard so much about it! Clockwork Prince was also on my list and Delirium was pretty close to making it. I haven't read where she went - will have to add that to the tbr pile for when I need a good heart wrenching book!

    Jamie @ A Book Club of One

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list! Clockwork Prince and Delirium is on my list too!

    Drop by my Top 10?
    http://tumblinginbooks.blogspot.com/2012/02/top-10-books-that-broke-my-heart-little.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. That ending in Delirium just shattered me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. From the ones on your list I've read, Delirium brought me closest to tears

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gah! I keep telling myself to read TFIOS and Delirium because I hear they're so good, but I don't want to cry! Great list!

    My TTT at KrazyBookLady

    ReplyDelete
  8. I still need to read Delirium. I need to read THIOS and Where she Went. Maybe I should just cave and buy Where She Went. I read the first one when it first came out, and keep waiting for this one to go into paperback because it's not in my library. And this book still isn't in paperback.

    The frustration, so yeah actually that book is breaking my heart too. :)

    My Teaser Tuesday/Top Ten Tuesday post is here

    Happy reading!

    ~Danica Page
    Taking It One Page at a Time

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm hoping that Pandemonium will rectify the end of Delirium. That ending... geesh. Killer.

    ~holley
    www.dreamsandswords.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had New Moon on mine too! I cried so much over it. No shame in being a twihard at some point in your life. I also feel your pain with Clockwork Prince! I was so torn through that book because I love both of the boys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've only read one of these books (The Fault in Our Stars) and yes, that definitely brought on the waterworks. I'm going to try to read Where She Went soon, hopefully I'm not completely emotionally wrecked like with TFiOS.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I read all of them and appreciate them so much. And if you have a blog as well, I always try my best to return the favor! Thanks again for visiting The Book Basement. ^-^

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...