Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

Publication Date: December 2, 2010
Publisher: Dutton
Format: Paperback
Page Count: 372
SynopsisAnna is looking forward to her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a great job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. Which is why she is less than thrilled about being shipped off to boarding school in Paris—until she meets √Čtienne St. Claire: perfect, Parisian (and English and American, which makes for a swoon-worthy accent), and utterly irresistible. The only problem is that he's taken, and Anna might be, too, if anything comes of her almost-relationship back home.

As winter melts into spring, will a year of romantic near-misses end with the French kiss Anna—and readers—have long awaited?
*This is the second review for this book. The first review can be found here.*

Review: Anna and the French Kiss is book crack. It's addicting and I can never get enough. This book has everything a girl wants--a swoon worthy boy, friends, romance, cuisine and Paris.

   I love Anna Oliphant. She is one of my favorite MCs in YA literature and she's my favorite character in this book. Anna is always so hilarious and dorky, which I completely adored. She made mistakes along the way, but always ended up redeeming herself. Anna didn't always make the right choices, but it didn't frustrate me. Stephanie Perkins does a wonderful job at thoroughly explaining Anna's thoughts and letting readers feel the same way Anna does.

   Etienne St. Clair. The boy all readers fall in love with. He's basically perfect. Good looking, funny, kind, caring, and he has a British accent. To me, he was more than just a love interest. He was a legitimate best friend. Yes, sometimes he was stupid as heck and hurt Anna, but really, he just cared too much for everything.

   I didn't notice how long this book was until my second read. For a contemporary, I mean. But even then, I felt like the book was too short. I want more! More, more, more! I've never read another book where the romance is crafted so perfectly, so flawlessly, and so believably. I swear, if Stephanie Perkins ever stops writing these kinds of books, I'm going to die.

   5 keys.

12 comments:

  1. A re-review? Interesting! I know what you mean about wanting more because immediately after I read it the first time, I went back for the second! I like that you said St. Clair was a legitimate best friend because that's what drew me to their relationship. This review makes me want to re-read it yet again, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I love that you posted a second review for this book. I completely agree with you about never getting frustrated with Anna for any of the dumb mistakes she made--she's just so genuine that you can't be mad at her. I think that if there were such a thing as a "book soulmate", this would be mine (along with countless other fans)!

    Fantastic review!! =D

    -Shanon @ Escaping With Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review!! I should totally do a re-read review for this one..Anna and the French Kiss has to be one of my favorite books ever!!
    Totally agree that Etienne is a real best friend..he is always there for Anna and he cares for her so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I totally agree with everything! It feels like such a short read but it really isn't! It just completely sucks you in. I just picked this one up as an audiobook so I can reread it :) So excited!

    Brenna from Esther's Ever After

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you reviewed this twice. It is a fantastic read and romance. I need to pick up Lola and the BND asap. Stephanie's writing is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe I didn't read this book yet! It sounds so charming!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everyone loves this book! I think I need to read it too :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this book too! Stephanie Perkins really knows how to tell a really good story! And I think I've never read any bad review about this book.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not really a fan of contemporary romance novels. But there's something about Anna and the French Kiss that makes me want to read it.
    I love your reviews of this book and it makes me want to read it right away. I want to get to know the characters of this story, especially Anna. And with the way you described her, I think I'll like her just as much as you do.
    I'm really looking forward to reading this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Okay, now is when I have to admit I haven't read this book yet. I keep meaning to pick it up, I just haven't yet. Thank you for the great review. I hope to be reading it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I need to find this book! It looks like so much fun and I really need to get ahold of it! Thanks for the reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay! Another great review for this book. Now I wish The Book Depository would stop losing my orders and have this long-overdue delivery shipped to me asap. So excited to finally be able to read it!:)

    Sarah Bibi Setar

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I read all of them and appreciate them so much. And if you have a blog as well, I always try my best to return the favor! Thanks again for visiting The Book Basement. ^-^

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...