Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday: The Fault in Our Stars (16)

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine!
This week, I am waiting on...
The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
Release Date: January 10, 2012
Publisher: Dutton Juvenile
SynopsisDiagnosed with Stage IV thyroid cancer at 12, Hazel was prepared to die until, at 14, a medical miracle shrunk the tumours in her lungs... for now.

 

Two years post-miracle, sixteen-year-old Hazel is post-everything else, too post-high school, post-friends and post-normalcy. And even though she could live for a long time (whatever that means), Hazel lives tethered to an oxygen tank, the tumours tenuously kept at bay with a constant chemical assault.

Enter Augustus Waters. A match made at cancer kid support group, Augustus is gorgeous, in remission, and shockingly to her, interested in Hazel. Being with Augustus is both an unexpected destination and a long-needed journey, pushing Hazel to re-examine how sickness and health, life and death, will define her and the legacy that everyone leaves behind.
So, as you guys might know, it's John Green Week! Yay! This week, Nerdfighters everywhere are celebrating the upcoming release of John Green's new book. Doesn't it sound fantastic? I saw the video of John Green reading the first chapter on his vlogbrothers channel--I'm hooked! I can't wait until January 10th. :) 

What are you waiting on this Wednesday? And DFTBA!

19 comments:

  1. I've heard this book is very good. The story sounds awesome! Excellent pick! Thank you for sharing it!

    Sam
    Books For All Seasons

    ReplyDelete
  2. never heard of this book before, love finding about new books... thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never read a John Green book! I have to start sometime, though! :) Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm also super excited about this one, great pick. I'm a new follower. Please check out my WoW!

    Thanks!
    Anna @ Wanderinglibrarians

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait for the release of this book! great pick!

    My WoW picks here

    Jay @ We Fancy Books

    ReplyDelete
  6. It does sounds like a good book and the release date gets a thumbs up from me as well, seeing as its being released on my birthday. I will most definitely be adding it to my wishlist :) Great Waiting On Wednesday Choice

    Natasha @ Paranormal Goddess Book Blog ★NEW BLOG FOLLOWER ★ Click Here To Check Out My Waiting On Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't read this author...yet; this book sounds really good!

    Here's MY WOW POST and
    MY WEBSITE

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't read anything from John Green, but I really want to! This sounds really good. :)

    Pam | jellylovesbooks

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't read anything from this author yet, but this book does sound good.
    My WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a good pick.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/01/waiting-on-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have never read a John Green book so this one might have to be my first!

    Anna @ Literary Exploration

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't read anything by John Green yet but I have my eyes on this book so I'm hoping to change that very soon :) Excellent choice!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't read any of John Green's books yet but I know I need to. Great pick. Thanks for sharing. =]
    Here is My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great choice!! I am also looking forward to this one!!

    Happy reading and check out my waiting on Wednesday!!
    http://sarahcatchingbooks.blogspot.com/2012/01/waiting-on-wednesday-26-my-life-next.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm really, really looking forward to this book as well, because I just LOVE John Green! He's such an awesome author. Great pick! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great pick! Thanks for sharing this. It sounds different than any of the other books I always read.

    ------
    Giselle @ booknerd.ca
    Waiting on Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  17. This one is very much anticipated here at my house. Taking my daughter to meet Mr. Green next Friday! Have a wonderful week. Shari
    http://myneuroticbookaffair.blogspot.com/2012/01/waiting-on-wednesday-142012-chosen-ones.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. I can't because I cried way too much and by the end was purely exhausted.
    I can say this is an incredible book and bit was beautifully well written. I absolutley love John Green. While reading TFIOS, I found that I was really understanding what Haxel was going through and I really felt her emotions.
    Of course, I have to be honest I was completely upset when a certain character dies. And cussing Mr. Green out because of it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I read all of them and appreciate them so much. And if you have a blog as well, I always try my best to return the favor! Thanks again for visiting The Book Basement. ^-^

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...