Monday, January 16, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday: YA Books I'd Recommend to Non-YA Readers (12)

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.


This week's topic is...
Top Ten Books I'd Recommend to Someone Who Doesn't Read YA

1. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins - For me, THG was the book that opened me up to YA literature, and I know it did the same for a lot of the kids in my grade. So, I'd definitely start non-YA readers with this great book.

2. Divergent by Veronica Roth - After reading THG, I'd let the non-YA reader try another book of the same genre, for a more elaborate taste.

3. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins - I'd totally flip them over and force them upon a completely different type of YA book. Surely, they need some amazing contemporary in their life.

4. Heist Society by Ally Carter - Since they loved Anna (I'm assuming), I would then recommend Heist Society, because it's contemporary and extremely fun.

5. The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen - I would then inform them about the YA superstar authors, such as Sarah Dessen. To me, this is Dessen's best book, so I'd start the reader off with her best work.

6. City of Bones by Cassandra Clare - Just for a taste of urban fantasy and humor, I'd recommend the Mortal Instruments series.

7. Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare - "Oh, you didn't like the Mortal Instruments? That's okay. You HAVE to read this series. It's so much better."

8. Delirium by Lauren Oliver - Prime example of gorgeous, gorgeous writing in YA literature.

9. Anything John Green - Come on. It's John Green. You have to read some John Green to satisfy your YA taste buds.

10. Anything Meg Cabot - She's kind of the queen of chick lit. Everyone should read something of hers.

That concludes my top ten! What's on your list? :)

8 comments:

  1. Hunger Games and the Cassandra Clare books are on my list of "why haven't I gotten around to reading these, for christ sake woman get off your ass" books! Soon hopefully. My brother has both series, and I'm heading home in a fortnight so they might find their way into my suitcase...

    My list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list!! I still need to read Divergent *sigh* but I will soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have read all of these except from Heist Society and Meg Cabot, I think. Great picks!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Hunger Games and Anna made my list. The shameful truth is I haven't yet read any John Green but it's one of my goals to change that this year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list! I should get to Divergent sometime :)

    The Muggle

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love John Green! Apart from him and Cassie Clare and one Meg Cabot book, I haven't read anything off your list! Although I do have THG, Divergent and This Lullaby on my tbr pile.

    Great list!

    Hollie @ Music, Books and Tea

    ReplyDelete
  7. I definitely agree with The Hunger Games and Delirium! Those are two of my most favorites. Great list.

    My Top Ten Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this list! I've read quite a few of the books and totally agree - but not Divergent which I really want to get to soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I read all of them and appreciate them so much. And if you have a blog as well, I always try my best to return the favor! Thanks again for visiting The Book Basement. ^-^

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...