Sunday, January 1, 2012

Catching Jordan by Miranda Kenneally

Release Date: December 1, 2011
Publisher: Sourcebooks Fire
Format: Paperback
Number of Pages: 281
SynopsisWhat girl doesn't want to be surrounded by gorgeous jocks day in and day out? Jordan Woods isn't just surrounded by hot guys, though - she leads them as the captain and quarterback on her high school football team. They all see her as one of the guys, and that's just fine. As long as she gets her athletic scholarship to a powerhouse university. But now there's a new guy in town who threatens her starring position on the team... and has her suddenly wishing to be seen as more than just a teammate.
Review: Wow! What a way to start off 2012. Let me just warn you: Do not start Catching Jordan at night, unless you're willing to pull an allnighter, because this book is impossible to put down. I started this book last night and ended up reading till 5 am. And even then, I had to force myself to stop, since I would only get three hours of sleep at most. Yeah, this book is really good, if you couldn't tell.

   Personally, I'm not a fan of American football in the least, so I know basically nothing about the sport. However, my lack of knowledge was not a problem at all. Rather than focusing on football (although it sort of does), Catching Jordan is more a book about relationships and staying true to yourself.

   Jordan Woods is a star quarterback--the best in Tennessee. She can whoop butt when it comes to throwing forty yard passes, but when it comes to love? Yeah, not so much. Jordan was a character I had a lot of respect for. She knew what she needed to do, she worked for everything and I admired that. She was also hilarious. Seriously, I would totally befriend her. One thing that I was surprised I didn't mind too much was that Jordan cried quite a lot. I usually hate when protagonists cry; I feel like saying, "Get yourself together!" But when Jordan cried, I was fine with it. Probably because I was crying along with her, haha. I loved her narration and her personality. But I didn't only like her. I liked all the characters.

   Miranda Kenneally is so good at writing characters! I loved all of them. I can't even say who were my favorites because they were all great. I suppose if I had to choose, I'd say I particularly liked JJ, Carter, Carrie and Marie and Sam Henry omg Sam Henryyyy. Jordan's a very lucky girl because she gets to spend her time with such awesome friends. And they're all so funny! It's ridiculous.

   This book made me feel a lot of things. I really connected with Jordan, so whenever she was feeling a particular emotion, I also felt the same way. This book was also very hilarious. It had me smiling, crying, or laughing on every page. The plot was always very interesting and it felt real, despite the amount of drama. I was turning pages like crazy.

   Overflowing with humor, love and football, Catching Jordan is a fabulous and original debut that'll enchant all young adult readers. I'll probably have to reread this book soon.

   5 keys.

4 comments:

  1. Great review. I've heard so many good things about this novel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SQUEE!!! Everything you said!! I am so glad you loved this book, it is one of my absolute favorites and I can never shut up about it. Haha. Miranda also said that Jordan and Sam will make an apperance in her next book, so YAY!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome review!! I LOVED this one as well and I agree with just about everything you said. Sam Henry was such an amazing character as was Jordan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool review. I have been hearing such good things about this book, but I have hesitated in reading it because if there is one thing I love as much as reading and blog hopping, it is football. I am so afraid I am going to get annoyed with the need to suspend disbelief for so much of the book that I will judge it unfairly.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I read all of them and appreciate them so much. And if you have a blog as well, I always try my best to return the favor! Thanks again for visiting The Book Basement. ^-^

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...