Thursday, December 29, 2011

Top Ten Characters of 2011

2011 has been a great year for all things book-related. A Life Bound by Books, Confessions of a Bookaholic, Fiktshun, and Two Chicks on Books are all cohosting Top Ten of 2011. Today's topic is Top Ten Characters of 2011. This is a fabulous topic because characters are, like, 70% of a book to me. Yep. They matter A LOT when I'm reading something. Here are some of my favorite heroines, heroes, villains, friends, side characters and maybe even some pets! :)

1. Tris from Divergent (Heroine) - Tris is just a totally kick butt heroine. At first, she's a weak and quiet Abnegation girl, and by the end, she's just a total warrior. She can fight, she can defend herself, and she can be funny when she wants to be.

2. Alex from Half-Blood (Heroine) - Alex... Alex, Alex, Alex. I like to think of her as a girl version of Jace, except without the brutal angst. She knows how to whoop some butt and she's freaking hilarious. She's snarky, strong and... super?

3. Four from Divergent (Hero) - I don't know how many times I can fangirl over Four without seeming obnoxious. Oh, wait... I already crossed that line ages ago. :3 Well, I have good reason. Four is intelligent, strong and a cutie. Love him!

Just realized I should've put Four as number 4. Oh. Well. Too late.

4. Will Herondale from Infernal Devices (Hero) - Oh, the old tortured soul. He's been through so much and although he acts like he could care less, he really cannot care more. He's so proactive and so loving. He's just wonderful.


5. Warner from Shatter Me (Villain) - He's on this list for a weird reason. It isn't because he was a particularly evil villian, although he kind of was. He's on this list because I loved him. He was such a fantastic character and added so much to the story! Warner was just great. I think I like him more than Adam. :P

6. Gideon Lightwood from Clockwork Prince (Friend) - The only nice Lightwood in the Infernal Devices! Gideon is a fabulous character. I'm so happy with him and his relationship (keepin' it spoiler free here). Plus, he's just so chill.

7. Luke from The Mortal Instruments (Friend) - I think Luke is my all time favorite character in the Mortal Instruments series. He's loyal and friendly, not to mention totally cool.

8. Cricket from Lola and the Boy Next Door (male lead) - Cricket. Oh, he's so quirky and sweet and cute and... tall. He's just wonderful. Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful. I love him so much! What a sweetheart.

9. Anna from Anna and the French Kiss (MC) - Anna is probably my favorite main character in contemporary fiction. She is sweet, funny, and although she has flaws, she still seems perfect! She has her quirks but she knows how to redeem herself. Never is she annoying. I just loved her all the time.

10. Kat from Uncommon Criminals (Heroine) - I think Kat is simply awesome. She's smart and successful, and maybe a bit manipulative. ;) She's truly a great person and I love reading about her!


That's my Top Ten! What's yours? :)

5 comments:

  1. I keep hearing about Four from Divergent. Really need to read that soon. If only my sister would stop lending it out to people. Great list of awesome characters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tris, Four, Anna, Gideon, and Cricket all were so cool! I'm not a big Clare fan anymore, but Gideon! I love that you picked him! He really deserves more attention! : )

    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL I put Four at number 4 on my book boyfriends list...haha :P I'm glad he and Tris made your list though!

    The Cait Files

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great choices! I especially like Luke, who gets overlooked a lot but is really kind of awesome! Love the Divergent characters too.

    My top 10 characters

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, Cricket! LOVE him! Lots of good ones on your list!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I read all of them and appreciate them so much. And if you have a blog as well, I always try my best to return the favor! Thanks again for visiting The Book Basement. ^-^

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...