Monday, December 26, 2011

Top Ten Books I've Read in 2011


So, 2011 has been a wonderful, wonderful year of all things book-related. A Life Bound by Books, Confessions of a Bookaholic, Fiktshun, and Two Chicks on Books are all cohosting Top 10 of 2011. Today's topic is the Top Ten Books I've Read in 2011. Please, keep in mind that these books will be books that I've read in 2011, not necessarily published in 2011.

1. Divergent by Veronica Roth - What can I really say that hasn't already been said about this fantastic book? It's got action, wit, and a freaking amazing romance. My absolute favorite book of the year, hands down. I'm so devoted to this book, I recommend it to everyone at my school. So far, I've gotten 20 people to read it. :D

2. Delirium by Lauren Oliver - Breathtaking, original and extremely thoughtful. This book was so beautifully written and amazingly crafted.

3. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins - This was published in 2010, but I only read it this year. May I say that this is the best contemporary I have EVER read? It's so good! This is another book I heavily recommend, but usually only to girls who like fluff.

4. Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare - Another 2010 book that I read this year. Love, love, love! I loved this book so much. The sequel was a bit disappointing, though.

5. Half-Blood by Jennifer L. Armentrout - Oh, my goodness. I was so surprised at how much I loved this book. It was amazing. I love the characters so much!

6. Virtuosity by Jessica Martinez - Again, another book I was so surprised to love. I loved this book so much that every time I went to B&N, I would look for it. But it was never there! Then one day, there was one copy of it stuck in between two super thick books, but I noticed it and grabbed it right away! :)

7. Wither by Lauren DeStefano - A dystopian that was extremely unique and very much enjoyable.

8. Uncommon Criminals by Ally Carter - I will read anything Ally Carter writes. She's just wonderful.

9. We'll Always Have Summer by Jenny Han - Sob. Shudder, shake, sob. I love this trilogy so much, and this last book made me cry and smile and laugh. Sob! It's over. :(


10. Entwined by Heather Dixon, Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi, The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin - So I'm totally cheating with this last one, but there were SO many good books in this year! Can you blame me for wanting to put more than just ten in this list?

That's my Top Ten Twelve of 2011! What's yours? :)

7 comments:

  1. Okay - must get Divergent! Thanks for the list - and for making my "to be read" pile even bigger :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picks! I keep seeing We'll Always Have Summer on these lists and I still haven't had a chance to read The Summer I Turned Pretty but I want too. I loved Divergent, Delirium, and Clockwork Prince and included all of those in my post. I have Shatter Me, The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer, and Half-Blood on my TBR list. Uncommon Criminal and Wither were both pretty good too.
    My Top 10 of 2011

    ReplyDelete
  3. We'll Always Have Summer!! I was so sad to see this series end, but I fully plan on re-reading it again soon! Mara Dyer is definitely a favorite, even though I'm still not 100% sure I know what happened in the book...haha. Of course Anna is fab! I've managed to push that one on a few people this year and they've all loved it! Glad it made your list :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Waaw waaaw waaaaaaaaaw great list! I loved Anna, Divergent and Clockwork Prince so so much!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I most definitely have only read Wither, Anna, and Clockwork Angel. I really need to get into gear and read those other awesome books!

    ReplyDelete
  6. GREAT list! Divergent, Shatter Me and Half-Blood made my top ten too so I am glad to see them up there. I haven't read that Jenny Han book but I really want to! It looks so good. I'll have to get round to it soon. :)

    Sam @ Realm of Ficton

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I read all of them and appreciate them so much. And if you have a blog as well, I always try my best to return the favor! Thanks again for visiting The Book Basement. ^-^

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...