Sunday, November 13, 2011

This girl is EVERYWHERE!

I've been noticing how similar YA book covers are looking lately. And then when I was at HEB, I saw something pretty strange...

I've noticed that there's this ONE picture of this ONE girl who happens to be EVERYWHERE!

Example 1) Taurus Eyes by Bonnie Hill

Gorgeous cover, right? BUT THEN. AT HEB....

Example 2) Splat Rebellious Colors-Hair Dye-Luscious Raspberries
Familiar, huh? And then, when browsing through bloggers' IMMs...

Example 3) Private by Kate Brian-paperback edition

UPDATE: Example 4) After Midnight by Lynn Veihl

Example 5) What I Wore to Save the World by Maryrose Wood

These three FIVE examples aren't the only times I've seen this picture of this girl either. There are several other times. Have any of you seen this girl before? To me, she seems to be everywhere!

Are there times where you feel like you keep having deja vu? Comment with links or make your own post! I'd love to check them out.

Hope you're having a great week. :)

5 comments:

  1. I like that they stick with the same pose! Haha, at least SOMEONE is making money :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like Amber said above- the same pose and everything! It kind of takes away from the book now doesn't it? In the paranormal genre there are a lot of similar colours, themes and poses...same with romance YA. But this is nuts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got Private IMM this week and a few people commented that they had seen the girl on the cover somewhere else. Thanks for cracking this mystery. I will be sending them this way!

    Emma @ Lost in a YA Book

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never would have picked up on this! I do find it disappointing when different books have almost exactly the same covers, with the same models in the same poses. Part of enjoying books for me is being able to enjoy a different cover for each book. I'm okay with it when covers have similar elements or themes, but I don't want the cover of one of my books to look exactly the same, or almost exactly the same, as the cover of any of my other books. There's a book that I of course don't remember the name of that has a cover very similar to the cover for Torment, and it really turned me off to that other book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I should have said that Torment was published first, and that's why I'm so turned off by the other book.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I read all of them and appreciate them so much. And if you have a blog as well, I always try my best to return the favor! Thanks again for visiting The Book Basement. ^-^

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...