Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday: Shatter Me (9)

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill @ Breaking The Spine in which bloggers spotlight a book they are eagerly waiting the release of.

This week, I am waiting on...
Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi 
Publication Date: November 15, 2011
Synopsis: Juliette hasn't touched anyone in exactly 264 days. The last time she did, it was an accident, but The Reestablishment locked her up for murder. No one knows why Juliette's touch is fatal. As long as she doesn't hurt anyone else, no one really cares. The world is too busy crumbling to pieces to pay attention to a 17-year-old girl. Diseases are destroying the population, food is hard to find, birds don't fly anymore, and the clouds are the wrong color. 


The Reestablishment said their way was the only way to fix things, so they threw Juliette in a cell. Now so many people are dead that the survivors are whispering war- and The Reestablishment has changed its mind. Maybe Juliette is more than a tortured soul stuffed into a poisonous body. Maybe she's exactly what they need right now. Juliette has to make a choice: Be a weapon. Or be a warrior. In this electrifying debut, Tahereh Mafi presents a world as riveting as The Hunger Games and a superhero story as thrilling as The X-Men. Full of pulse-pounding romance, intoxicating villainy, and high-stakes choices, Shatter Me is a fresh and original dystopian novel—with a paranormal twist—that will leave readers anxiously awaiting its sequel.


Although I'm a big fan of the cover, this book sounds so fantastic! "Pulse-shattering romance"? Does that sound awesome or what? Luckily, I don't have to wait too, too long for this one. :)

What are you waiting on this week?

10 comments:

  1. I agree I'm dying to read this one. I think I had it as one of my Wow awhile back, but the synopsis sounds awesome. Thanks for stopping by mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by. Great pick, I can't wait for this one as well! I have heard so many great things about this book and i am so excited to see the author this weekend at nycc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is on my list. Awesome pick.

    mine: http://thebo0ki3.blogspot.com/2011/10/waiting-on-wednesday-iron-knight.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another YA title that is getting lots of buzz! The premise sounds very intriguing. I am waiting for The Name of the Star by Maureen Johnson and Bunheads by Sophie Flack-- which are out, but I have not gotten them yet ;) Also looking forward to Sara Zarr's latest and The Pledge by Kimberly Derting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard such good things about this book from people who have read it early. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh cool! I have heard of this one, but then I keep forgetting about it. It does look really interesting. I hope it's scary! I love how it's presented.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This one definitely sounds epic! It's gotten such good buzz, I can't wait to start in on it :0) Awesome pick!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been seeing this one everywhere the last few weeks. Good choice! I'll have to read it if it's really like X-Men.

    Leslie
    Working for the Mandroid

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh, I've read quite a few great reviews of Shatter Me - I think it sounds awesome and I can't wait to read it! I actually pre-ordered it on Amazon this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG! I want to read this book so bad! I've entered a won of giveaways to get it. It sounds fantasic. Great WoW!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I read all of them and appreciate them so much. And if you have a blog as well, I always try my best to return the favor! Thanks again for visiting The Book Basement. ^-^

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...