Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday: Article 5 (10)

Breaking The Spine hosts this weekly meme! WoW is when bloggers spotlight a book they are eagerly anticipating the release of.


This week I am waiting on...
Article 5 by Kristen Simmons
Publication Date: February 14, 2012

Synopsis: New York, Los Angeles, and Washington, DC have been abandoned. 

The Bill of Rights has been revoked, and replaced with the Moral Statutes.

There are no more police — instead, there are soldiers. There are no more fines for bad behavior — instead, there are arrests, trials, and maybe worse. People who get arrested don’t usually come back.

17-year-old Ember Miller is old enough to remember that things weren’t always this way. Living with her rebellious single mother, it’s hard to forget that people weren’t always arrested for reading the wrong books or staying out after dark. That life in the United States used to be different.

In the three years since the war ended, Ember has perfected the art of keeping a low profile. She knows how to get the things she needs, like food stamps and hand-me-down clothes, and how to pass the random home inspections by the Federal Bureau of Reformation. Her life is as close to peaceful as circumstances allow. That is, until her mother is arrested for noncompliance with Article 5 of the Moral Statutes. And what’s worse, one of the arresting officers is none other than Chase Jennings…the only boy Ember has ever loved.



Dystopian! Love! This book sounds so very good, and I'm so excited for it! What are you waiting on this Wednesday?

16 comments:

  1. I just got Article 5 in the mail the other day. It sounds so exciting! Excellent pick =)

    MY W.O.W:http://mochalattereads.blogspot.com/2011/10/waiting-on-wednesday29_26.html

    -Wendy from A Cupcake and a Latte: YA Reviews

    PS. I have a giveaway for a copy of Destined by PC and Kristin Cast over at the blog, check it out! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one sounds good - I've seen it around a few times and it seems like you're not the only one waiting on it! :D

    Here's my WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really looking forward to this. I enjoyed the music playlist and after reading the moral statues, already know I'm not one bit compliant :-)

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely cover! The book sounds interesting. Thank you for sharing your lovely pick for this week!

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been anxious to read this one from the first time I read the summary. It sound like a fantastic addition to the plethora of dystopian novels in YA. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds really intriguing and I think might pre-order a copy of it.

    Great pick,
    Carina @ Fictional Distraction

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait for this one either! I love Dystopias.

    Dea
    Teen Readers' Diary

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds really good, here's mine http://headstuckinabook.blogspot.com/2011/10/waiting-on-wednesday-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow. Never heard of this one. Awesome choice! Adding it to my list. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds really good I love dystopians! Great pick!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  11. deff love dystopians! :)

    I follow you! here's my WOW post, I hope you'll stop by and follow me if you haven't already, and let me know what you think of mine!!

    http://lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/2011/10/wow-masque-of-red-death.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love dystopians and this sounds like another great one, like Divergent and Delirium! I can't wait. And the cover is strangely pretty. Eerie and gorgeous.

    - Asher (from Paranormal Indulgence)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is my WoW too!! I'm really looking forward to reading this one :) Love it!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  14. I need this one! I love dystopian novels!

    -Sky
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can't wait to read this one too! It sounds really good!

    Pam @ jellylovesbooks

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I read all of them and appreciate them so much. And if you have a blog as well, I always try my best to return the favor! Thanks again for visiting The Book Basement. ^-^

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...