Monday, October 17, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday: Books Whose Covers or Titles Made Me Buy Them (6)

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the Broke and the Bookish in which bloggers share their lists that comply with the prompt of the given week.

My list...



1. Fallen by Lauren Kate - Look at that gorgeous cover. I couldn't resist! Sadly, the content was a bit disappointing.

2. The Cinderella Society by Kay Cassidy - Another super pretty cover. And the title is totally great as well, but unfortunately, the insides fell flat.

3. Thanks for the Memories by Cecelia Ahern - I was in love with the cover and the title. The story was really good too. 



4. Matched by Ally Condie - Love, love, love the cover!

5. Entwined by Heather Dixon - Gorgeous cover! I loved the story even more.

6. Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver - Can you blame me? The cover's so pretty!


7. Elsewhere by Gabrielle Zevin - My very first and favorite Zevin book. :)

8. An Abundance of Katherines by John Green - Don't kill me when I say that I had never even heard of John Green before I read this book. It was the colorful cover that drew me in! And, at the time, I was obsessed with the word "abundance."

9. The Year of Secret Assignments by Jaclyn Moriarty - This had a cute title! The book itself is one of my favorites.


10. The Mephisto Covenant by Trinity Faegan - I have not read this book yet, although it's on my "to-read-for-review" list. The cover is so gorgeous though. :)

What's on your top ten? :)

20 comments:

  1. I really love Entwined, although all of the covers are pretty much pwetty. I bought Babe in Boyland because I though it was going to be good (it wasn't good).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Matched is one of my favorite covers! Simple, but beautiful <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh the Entwined cover is so pretty! There are so many I'm realizing I forgot about. And the Abundance of Katherines cover is pretty awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fallen made it to my list too, as did John Green, but in Looking for Alaska. Don't worry, I hadn't heard of him until that book!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I picked up Thanks for the Memories for the very same reason and I'm glad I did! Also, Elsewhere, love that cover!

    Great picks! If you have a minute stop by to see what I picked this week at There's A Book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Entwined loves like it has a very interesting cover. I'm dying to read The Mephisto Covenant but I didn't have any more spots left on my list. Great choices. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Matched is my favorite cover from your picks - all of which look great! Oh and I absolutely hate it when the cover is great - or even when I've been looking forward to reading a book for a long time - but then the insides are just meh.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bought Fallen purely for the cover also.. I haven't read it yet, the mixed reviews have made me wary. One day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. An Abundance of Katherines has a really nifty cover!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow I haven't seen that copy of Cecelia Ahern's book before it's lovely. My copy of that book isn't that nice! I really like Elsewhere too!

    Here's Mine http://passionfornovels.blogspot.com/

    You have a new follower
    Gemma xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Cinderella Society definitely caught my attention title and cover. I'm buying.
    http;//sidnebkclubreviewz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fallen was one I bought because of the cover also. Before I Fall was very haunting. I had to know what the deal was.

    Top 10 http://t.co/RhV51NuE

    ReplyDelete
  13. The cover for Elsewhere is pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I didn't love the writing, but the cover of Matched is just beautiful! Great list :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi my friends.hope you will visit my blog enjoy the information.please click the adsense in my blog for more information http://tourismopportunity.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. I either own or want to buy most of these, I'm a new follower, my WOW http://headstuckinabook.blogspot.com/2011/10/top-ten-tuesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. I definitely read Fallen for the cover too but I loved the story. I really want to try Entwined, it's been on my wishlist for so long! I also LOVE the cover for The Mephisto Covenant, my copy hasn't come in yet but I can't wait to start it when it does. Great Picks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I definitely agree about Entwined!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I read all of them and appreciate them so much. And if you have a blog as well, I always try my best to return the favor! Thanks again for visiting The Book Basement. ^-^

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...