Monday, October 10, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Wish I Could Read Again for the First Time

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by Broke and the Bookish in which bloggers create a list that complies with the prompt of the given week.

This week's topic...
Top Ten Books I Wish I Could Read Again for the First Time

1. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins - I read this book about two years or so ago, and I remember how hard my heart would thud or how my insides would turn into jelly when I read this book. I'm planning on rereading this book soon, but I wish I could have my first experience again.

2. Twilight by Stephenie Meyer - I was in the FIFTH GRADE when I first read Twilight, and I've reread it three times since then. Now that I'm older, I wish that I could have read this book at, like, my age right now, and see if I would like it as much as I did when I was in the fifth grade. (I was obsessed with it in the fifth grade.)

3. Amy & Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson - Remembering how much fun this book was when I read it two summers ago, I wish I could read it for the first time. This was very cute.
4. Someone Like You by Sarah Dessen - This was my first Sarah Dessen book, I think. I was a little young when I read this, so I wish I could read it for the first time at my age now, to fully appreciate Dessen's writing.

5. Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone by J.K. Rowling - ...isn't this just a given? ;)

6. The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan - This started my huge obsession with Greek mythology that I've kept ever since I picked this book up in the fourth grade. It's depressing because I barely remember anything about it... But I somehow remember everything from the other four books in the series. I wish I could read it again for the first time, because it was an awesome book.

So, I don't quite have ten books on my list, but that's okay for me! :)

What's on your top ten list?

11 comments:

  1. I have a feeling pretty much everyone would love to discover Harry Potter for the first time all over again. The Hunger Games is a great choice, too. Here's the link to mine if you'd like to visit:

    Kat's Top Ten Tuesday Post

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Amy and Roger's Epic Detour but I haven't reread it yet so I don't know if the first time was the best.

    Anne @ My Head is Full of Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Amy and Roger's Epic Detour too! Twilight, The Hunger Games, Harry Potter is often on many people's list! I enjoyed Dessen's books too especially The Truth About Forever. I never read Someone Like You but I'll definitely try! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    http://forget8me8not.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha it totally disturbs me that you were in fifth grade when I was a freshman in high school =p
    The idea that it was so long ago freaks me out, too!

    I love Sarah Dessen, even though the only book I read by her was Just Listen. It was so phenomenal; I really had no idea that it would pack that much of a punch. Someone Like You is now on my TBR.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Someone Like You- great pick! I did not have a Dessen book in my top ten, but Keeping the Moon was the very first Dessen book I read and I adored it. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was thisclose to putting Twilight on my list! Great choices! Love to see HG and HP on so many lists (as usual right?) :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've got HP and Hunger Games, too! Amy & Roger's Epic Detour is on my tbr list, so it's nice to know you'd read it again. Here's my list.

    ReplyDelete
  8. HP & THG are both on this week's list as well. They're quite popular choices!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have the same feelings about Twilight :) Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just finished Amy & Roger's Epic Detour and loved it, great list. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I totally agree about Amy and Roger's Epic Detour! FABULOUS book.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I read all of them and appreciate them so much. And if you have a blog as well, I always try my best to return the favor! Thanks again for visiting The Book Basement. ^-^

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...