Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Had VERY Strong Emotions For (7)

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by Broke and the Bookish in which bloggers create a list that corresponds with the prompt for the week.

This week's theme is Books I Had Very Strong Emotions For (cry, laugh, hurl across the room, etc.)

1. Divergent by Veronica Roth - My thoughts: "OMG. TOO GOOD. CANNOT CONTAIN MYSELF. TOO GOOD." Then I'd proceed to squeal and run around screaming about how good this book is. Yep. Obsessed.

2. New Moon by Stephenie Meyer - I don't know if I've ever cried that hard over a book. I was such a Twihard back then, and I would sob and sob while reading this book. Every time I reread it, I cry. Is there something wrong with me or...


3. Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins - I cried during this book. I don't even know why. I always cry in really romantic scenes.

4. The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen - Wesweswesweswes. Need I say more? It was just too cute.

5. Numbers by Rachel Ward - Really disliked this book. I would have liked to throw it out a window. And onto a street. While a monster truck ran it over.

6. The Ivy by Lauren Kunze & Rina Onur - Another one I'd have liked to throw onto the ground. Or maybe into the ocean.

7. My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult - A weepy book. The tears, the waterworks, the flood!

8. The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin - This book was really creepy. I didn't turn the lights off. Ever.

9. Number the Stars by Louis Lowry - This book was very emotional and inspirational. True friendship and awful history.

10. Delirium by Lauren Oliver - The cliffhanger at the end made me want to hurl my nook across the room. I didn't.

What's on your top ten? :)

12 comments:

  1. I have the exact same feelings about Divergent and New Moon <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lola made my list too, and I really should have thought of My Sister's Keeper. I cried so beyond hard at the end. I really need to read my copy of Divergent ASAP.
    Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! I can't take this anymore... maybe I should stop reading what I'm reading now and go on and pick up Divergent! I keep seeing it on nearly all the top ten lists, and it's sitting on my to-read pile next to my bed!!!

    Fantastic list you've got :) I've put mine up on my blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lola is awesome, although I chose Anna for my list! I liked Divergent too, I'm really looking forward to the next one there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. New Moon made my list too, I was a wreck reading it. Need to check out My Sister's Keeper as I know I would be sobbing over it. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally agree with The Truth about Forever. I feel like I talk about that book so much but it is just the best.

    My Top Ten: http://rachelreader.blogspot.com/2011/11/top-ten-tuesday-7.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mara Dyer was really creepy! I kept popping my head up from book expecting a ghost or something to be standing in front of me.

    My Top Ten List

    ReplyDelete
  8. One of Jodi Picoult's books made my list as well. And I cried every time I reread the Twilight saga too, so it's not just you :)

    New follower :)

    My Top Ten List

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah yes- The Truth About Forever! I love, love that book. And yes: Wes is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are some really great books. I love Sarah Dessen too. Here's my Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  11. when I saw the cover of #3, I asked why she cried reading this book. of course i'm just judging the book cover, but then i read your note. lol,lol.
    http://sidnebkclubreviewz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, great choices! I just got done reading "Divergent!" :)

    Here's mine: http://carycheyennexo.blogspot.com/2011/11/top-ten-tuesday-1.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I read all of them and appreciate them so much. And if you have a blog as well, I always try my best to return the favor! Thanks again for visiting The Book Basement. ^-^

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...