Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday: Clockwork Prince (6)

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill @ Breaking The Spine in which bloggers spotlight a book that they're eagerly waiting the release of.

This week, I am waiting on...
Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices #2)
by Cassandra Clare
Publication Date: December 11, 2011

In the magical underworld of Victorian London, Tessa Gray has at last found safety with the Shadowhunters. But that safety proves fleeting when rogue forces in the Clave plot to see her protector, Charlotte, replaced as head of the Institute. If Charlotte loses her position, Tessa will be out on the street—and easy prey for the mysterious Magister, who wants to use Tessa’s powers for his own dark ends.

With the help of the handsome, self-destructive Will and the fiercely devoted Jem, Tessa discovers that the Magister’s war on the Shadowhunters is deeply personal. He blames them for a long-ago tragedy that shattered his life. To unravel the secrets of the past, the trio journeys from mist-shrouded Yorkshire to a manor house that holds untold horrors, from the slums of London to an enchanted ballroom where Tessa discovers that the truth of her parentage is more sinister than she had imagined. When they encounter a clockwork demon bearing a warning for Will, they realize that the Magister himself knows their every move—and that one of their own has betrayed them.


Tessa finds her heart drawn more and more to Jem, but her longing for Will, despite his dark moods, continues to unsettle her. But something is changing in Will—the wall he has built around himself is crumbling. Could finding the Magister free Will from his secrets and give Tessa the answers about who she is and what she was born to do?

As their dangerous search for the Magister and the truth leads the friends into peril, Tessa learns that when love and lies are mixed, they can corrupt even the purest heart.

I recently read (and reviewed) Clockwork Angel, which is the first book in this series, and I loved it. I'm so excited for this sequel! Luckily, it's not too long of wait, unlike Pandemonium (Delirium #2) or Insurgent (Divergent #2). Meanwhile, I can start reading the Mortal Instrument series! Well, that's assuming I don't get swallowed by my TBR pile, haha. :)

What are you waiting on this Wednesday? Feel free to leave links below! :)


25 comments:

  1. Who isn't waiting for Clockwork Prince? Especially with the gorgeous Jem featured on the cover. I can't wait, especially when it comes to reading Will's letter =)

    My W.O.W: http://mochalattereads.blogspot.com/2011/09/waiting-on-wednesday23.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first one is coming out in paperback which will generate some interest in readers who haven't read the 1st in series. I can't wait for it either. Here’s Mine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read any of Clare's books. I'm late to the party, but I'll get there. Love that guy on the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's out in December? Didn't realise it was that close.....I loved this series too!
    Hope we both enjoy this!
    Nina @ Death Books and Tea

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to get started on City of Bones and start this series. lol. Great choice. =]
    Here is My WoW for this week. =]

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved Clockwork Angel!!! Cassie Clare's got to be one of my favorite authors. Who isn't excited for this book? Great pick! :)

    Check out my WoW picks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Guess I should check out this series. It sounds like everyone agrees that it is good. New follower. My WOW is at http://www.alaskanbookcafe.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cannot wait for this one either. Want to fiind out more about Will and Jem. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I too am waiting on CP. However, I am Team Will although Jem is a sweetheart.

    Great pick!
    Marissa @ And many to read before I sleep

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think most readers/bloggers are excited about Clockwork Prince. I definitely am. Great choice!

    My WOW: http://rachelreader.blogspot.com/2011/09/waiting-on-wednesday-22.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. I cannot wait for this book to come out either! Here's my WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't read this series or this author...yet. I'm getting more and more tempted!

    Here's MY WOW POST and
    MY WEBSITE

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have this series on my TBR list as. Feel like finishing The Mortal Instruments first though! Good choice.

    Here's my Waiting on Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I haven't read any of the series from Cassandra Clare and I feel so out of the loop. Definitely, need to get started.

    Here's ours:
    http://thestoryseekers.blogspot.com/2011/09/waiting-on-wednesday-06.html#comments

    Alice @ The Story Seekers

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like a great series. Have fun reading this week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really cannot wait to read this book! I'm so excited about this one. December just seems so far away..

    Here's my WoW: http://loveinspiredream.blogspot.com/2011/09/waiting-on-wednesday-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am so excited for this book! I loved Clockwork Angel. I think I may like this series better than TMI. And this cover? I thought I was Team Will, but damn, Jem is HOT!

    My WoW: http://yalitwit.blogspot.com/2011/09/www-14-and-waiting-on-wednesday.html

    My AWESOME Giveaway (Signed Copy of Across the Universe by BethRevis): http://yalitwit.blogspot.com/2011/09/review-giveaway-across-universe-by-beth.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sounds like a great series.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/09/waiting-on-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. I haven't read ANY of the Mortal Instruments series. I really need to do that.

    ComaCalm's Waiting on...

    ReplyDelete
  20. ashamed to admit I have yet to start this series
    ::: hanging head low:::

    Hope you have an awesome day! Come visit us if you have a chance!!

    Crazy Book Slut or Facebook page

    P.S. Newest follower

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ahhh...i am sooo waiting on this book! Nice choice!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great pick! I'm definitely among the many waiting for this book also.
    My WoW is SWEAR.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am SO excited for this one! I can't wait to find out what happens with ALL the characters! I absolutely love this series!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  24. Cassandra Clare is one of those authors that really makes me feel something. I love that. This book was even better than the first-- and now i'm DYING for the third and final. I highly recommend this trilogy as well as Clare's mortal instruments series, to which the trilogy is a prequel.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I read all of them and appreciate them so much. And if you have a blog as well, I always try my best to return the favor! Thanks again for visiting The Book Basement. ^-^

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...