Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday: Underrated Books (1)

   I saw many of these Top Ten Underrated Books on my dashboard, so I thought I'd join along as well. This meme seems really fun and is hosted by the people of The Broke and the Bookish.
   Alright, so let's get on with my list (in no particular order)! :)


1. Entwined by Heather Dixon - this book was phenomenal, I mean really. I loved it so much. It was fantastic and magical and creative. Everyone should read this. Sadly, this book isn't as famous as it deserves to be.



2. Amy & Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson - this book was advertised a lot during it's release time, but after that.... where'd it go?? This book was really exciting and different. It was the first road trip book I had ever read and I loved it.


3. Avalon High by Meg Cabot - I read this a couple of years ago and it's my favorite Meg Cabot book ever. Meg Cabot is definitely one of my favorite authors and I like pretty much every book of hers, but this one takes the cake! Sadly, it doesn't get much recognition (although Disney did make a movie out of it! the movie was awful though).


4. The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks by E. Lockhart - this book is... genius. It's just absolute genius. Wonderful, mysterious, hilarious, it has everything. I haven't seen many reviews/attention about this book, so I think it's underrated. Pick this book up! You'll never put it down.


5 and 6. Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac and Elsewhere by Gabrielle Zevin - I read this book after I had read Zevin's earlier novel Elsewhere. Both books were great. I hadn't heard of either of the books before getting them at Barnes & Noble so I think these books are severely underrated. It's such a disappointment since these novels are amazing. Go read them right now if you haven't! Now. Now. Now.


7. Thanks For The Memories by Cecelia Ahern - This book was a bit different to my taste since it wasn't a YA book. It isn't much of a romance either, but that didn't take away anything from it! Ahern's more famous novel is P.S. I Love You. I haven't read that one, but I've read this one and it's breathtaking.


8. The Naughty List by Suzanne Young - this book is so cute and yet heartbreaking (at the end). This book is definitely not dirty, despite the suggestive title and book cover. In fact, it was pretty clean. It was a really exciting story, dealing with cheaters and spies. It was also funny, which is a plus! Check this one out.


9. All American Girl by Meg Cabot - This one was my very first Meg Cabot book. This is the book that made me fall in love with Cabot's easy writing and hilarious stories. It was so entertaining, I could not put it down! I wish that there were a million copies of this book at every store so that people can experience Meg's magic.


10. An Abundance of Katherines by John Green - This is the only John Green book I've read but I will say that it's great. I don't know why I haven't picked up another one of Green's books! I remember reading this... I got straight into it. The storyline is really intriguing and the romance is so cute. I loved it. This book deserves tons of hype! 


What's on your Top Ten?


Love,
Sophia

3 comments:

  1. Seems like a lot of people are starting this meme this week. I'm content to comment, but I love the posts.
    I so want to read Entwined. I've heard great things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree about The Abundance of Katherines and the Disreputable History of Frankie L-B. In fact, I am always pushing both of those books in my library.

    Anne
    My Head is Full of Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree with you on Entwined. As for the other books, I haven't heard or read any of them yet but really want too. Thanks for the great recommendations and happy reading!

    -leslie:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I read all of them and appreciate them so much. And if you have a blog as well, I always try my best to return the favor! Thanks again for visiting The Book Basement. ^-^

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...