Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday: Books that are on the Top of my TBR List for the Fall (3)

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish in which bloggers share their top ten list of whatever the prompt is for the week.

Wow! This week has a pretty long title, huh? Well, let's get started!

So, a lot of bloggers are choosing books that are to come out this autumn to place on their list, but I'm so behind on my TBR, that I'm going to have to fill my list with books that have been out a while.
1. Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare - Yes, I've been waiting to read this one for such a long time, but I haven't found the time to fit it in anywhere! :( My friends keep recommending this one to me as well as the Mortal Instrument series, so hopefully I'll get to read this soon!

2. The Lying Game by Sara Shepard - I got this book when it first came out... Still haven't read it. With all the hype over it, especially because of the new show on ABC Family, I'm definitely going to try and read this asap.

3. Wither by Lauren DeStefano - This is a book that has had tons of hype. The sequel is coming out soon, I believe and I've gotten recommendations to read this book, so I'm really excited for this one! Oh!-and it's dystopian! <3

4. Abandon by Meg Cabot - I love Meg Cabot so much. She's one of my favorite authors. I don't know why I've been waiting so freaking long to read this. I mean, I have it. It's in the box filled with books right next to my bed, so why haven't I picked it up yet? Sigh. I don't know.

5. Across the Universe by Beth Revis - This was recommended to me and it sounds really, really good. I'm really to eager to read this one!

6. The Iron King by Julie Kagawa - Omg, I've been wanting to read this series since forever. I've heard tons of great stuff about it so I'm really excited!

7. Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins - One of my close friends at school brought this book today to lend to another friend, and I was thinking, "Oh my goodness! I've heard of that book! I need to read it." Apparently, it's really good, so yay! Hopefully, I can read this one soon.

8. Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl - This book was brought up today at school by my friends and they all said it was pretty good, so I'll probably check this out of my library soon.

9. Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater - I've been a bit iffy on this one, I'll admit. I read the first couple of chapters like two years ago, but because of time restrictions at school, I put it down and never picked it up again. Everyone seems to love this series, so I think I'll try to read it soon.

10. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins - Ok, so yes, this is number ten on my list. There's just SO MUCH HYPE around this book, I'm afraid to read it. I actually read the first 50 or so pages at Barnes & Noble, but wasn't intrigued enough to buy a copy to take home. Big mistake? You tell me... I want to read it since everyone has loved it, but I'm also super scared. D:

Thanks for stopping by my blog! What's on your top ten? Feel free to leave links below!! :)

17 comments:

  1. I just bought Wither for my library. Maybe I'd better read it first. Sounds good.

    -Anne
    My Head is Full of Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my list! I go back and forth about Shiver as well...As for Anna and the French Kiss-- I read and enjoyed it...but perhaps not as crazy about it as everyone else seems to be! I really liked Abandon, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really should've read Across the Universe by now, but I haven't. :(

    Wither is so good. I can't wait for the sequel.

    Rie @ Mission to Read

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Anna and the French Kiss and have Perkins' new book on my list along with Clockwork Prince. Also have Wither sitting waiting for me now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hex hall and anna and the french kiss were both AWESOME. i hope you enjoy both as much as i did. :)

    great list--you have some awesome fall reading ahead of you :)

    i hope you can stop by and check out my top ten list this week.

    -michelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for stopping by earlier! You have a such a good list up.

    I really liked Across the Universe and Hex Hall! I'm so happy that AtU has a sequel coming out though cause when I read it, I was a little "...how is this the end?!?!"

    Such a good list and I'm following you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAY! Someone else who hasn't read ANNA yet! I feel somewhat more of a reader after finding her on several TBR lists this week :)
    I LOVED Wither! I know there's a lot of hype surrounding it, but it's totally deserved IMO. I need to read 7 of the books on your list. Seriously, I'm so behind...
    Thanks for stopping by @ the Broke and the Bookish!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey! Wonderful list of books here. Hex Hall is by far one of my fave reads of this year. I hope you enjoy it.

    New Follower

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a really great list! Most of these are really good reads. I hope you enjoy them!

    My Top Ten: http://rachelreader.blogspot.com/2011/08/top-ten-tuesday-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. I couldn't get into Shiver. The characters weren't particularly memorable, and at this point the whole werewolf thing is feel a teensy bit overdone.

    I've been toying with the idea of picking up Across the Universe. I hope you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm going to post a review of Anna later this week... I liked it but it wasn't LOVE for me haha. I know I might be in the minority on that, but YA isn't my go-to genre. It was quirky and fun, though. I bet you'll enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hex Hall is made of awesome, in fact both books in the series so far are great, so you should most definitely check them out! Anna and the French Kiss is awesome and deserving of a large heap of that hype! I need to read The Lying Game, too. I'm already hooked on the show :0)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I love your list! I need to read Anna and the French Kiss as well, but I loved Wither so I hope you enjoy it :o)

    Mickey @ imabookshark

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wither, Abandon, The Iron King, and Anna and the French Kiss are all absolutely brilliant! I hope you get to these and love them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great list! I loved The Iron King, Anna.. and The Lying Game. I think you'll enjoy them too.

    Books of Amber

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hex Hall, Wither and Anna are all great reads in my opinion!

    ReplyDelete
  17. GREAT list! You should definitely read ALL of these because they are AMAZEBALLS! =D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I read all of them and appreciate them so much. And if you have a blog as well, I always try my best to return the favor! Thanks again for visiting The Book Basement. ^-^

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...