Friday, August 12, 2011

ANGEL (Maximum Ride #7) by James Patterson

Synopsis: Is this the end of Max and Fang, and the beginning of Max and Dylan? Only Angel knows.


Maximum Ride and her friends have always had each other’s backs because they can’t trust anyone else. No. Matter. What. But now the flock is up against a threat unlike any they’ve ever faced and, just when they need each other the most, Fang is gone. He’s creating his own gang that will replace everyone – including Max.

Max is heartbroken over losing Fang, her soulmate, her best friend. The one she thought would always be there for her. Could it be that she really is destined to be with Dylan? He’s proven that he’ll do anything for her, and she can’t deny that there’s an intensity about him that draws her in. As the flock race to Paris to stop a terrifying cult intent on exterminating the human race, she has no choice but to trust him.


   *MINOR SPOILER ALERT*
   I started disliking the Maximum Ride series after The Final Warning so I don't really know why I keep reading the books. I'd like to believe that it's only because I want to know how Max's story ends. Now, I know that I was disgusted with FANG, but I picked up ANGEL anyway.
   So it seems like James Patterson is running out of ideas because really, the plot is getting so repetitive. And what the heck is with Fang making his own flock? Um, no. I thought him and Max "loved" each other. Honestly, it's just so... out there, I can't imagine why Fang would get any respect.
   Also, out of nowhere, this human hating group pops up?
   Oh, and not to mention, apparently Dylan and Max are supposed to make babies together soon.
   I sound so harsh, I know. Well, on the plus side, ANGEL was better than FANG, by quite a large margin. And Angel (the character herself) is now wonderful again! :) Hope that lasts. Another plus is Dylan. Oh, Dylan. He's probably my favorite character. I wish he was the official male lead and got a book to himself, not Fang. 
   Alright. Enough of that. This book is as action packed and adventurous as ever. It may not be "OMG WHAT A GREAT BOOK" but it's worth reading, especially if you've already started the series. Like the other Maximum Ride books, it's a quick read and the ending will definitely leave you thinking!
   3 keys.


Love,
Sophia


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I read all of them and appreciate them so much. And if you have a blog as well, I always try my best to return the favor! Thanks again for visiting The Book Basement. ^-^

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...