Sunday, July 17, 2011

It's Not Summer Without You by Jenny Han

Synopsis: Can summer be truly summer without Cousins Beach?


It used to be that Belly counted the days until summer, until she was back at Cousins Beach with Conrad and Jeremiah. But not this year. Not after Susannah got sick again and Conrad stopped caring. Everything that was right and good has fallen apart, leaving Belly wishing summer would never come.

But when Jeremiah calls saying Conrad has disappeared, Belly knows what she must do to make things right again. And it can only happen back at the beach house, the three of them together, the way things used to be. If this summer really and truly is the last summer, it should end the way it started--at Cousins Beach.

   *MINOR SPOILER ALERT*

   This is the second book in the Summer series. I read the first book, The Summer I Turned Pretty, and I fell in love with Belly's story. During one of my frequent stops to Barnes, I picked up this book, eager to read it. It was a very short and easy read. I finished it in less than two days. Nonetheless, it was a great book.

   The story starts with Belly being very upset about Susannah's death and not being able to go to Cousins. Also, she's still not over Conrad, her first love. She rejects all of Taylor's attempts of setting her up and doesn't even try to enjoy herself. All she wants is to go Cousins.
   That opportunity arrives when she receives an urgent call from Jeremiah. Through situations, they end up at Cousins with Conrad. They assume Conrad is there because of academic problems, but Conrad's real reason is shocking and worrisome. 
   I loved this book! The characters have developed a lot since the last book and a new side comes out of each. It's a refreshing change in the series and I cannot wait to read the next book. The plot was great, with many surprises down the road. You'll love this book. I know I did!
   I give this book 4.5 keys.


Love,
Sophia


I've already read a little bit of the third book. Can't wait to buy it and finish the series! :)

2 comments:

  1. I saw her at ALA, but I'd gotten so many books by then that I didn't get hers. Now I'm so disappointed! Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just picked up the Temple Wars book! Book 1 is fascinating and had me engaged from page one! You guys should check it out! Temple Wars

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I read all of them and appreciate them so much. And if you have a blog as well, I always try my best to return the favor! Thanks again for visiting The Book Basement. ^-^

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...