Saturday, July 16, 2011

Entwined by Heather Dixon

Synopsis: Azalea is trapped. Just when she should feel that everything is before her . . . beautiful gowns, dashing 
suitors, balls filled with dancing . . . it's taken away. All of it.

The Keeper understands. He's trapped, too, held for centuries within the walls of the palace. And so he extends an invitation.

Every night, Azalea and her eleven sisters may step through the enchanted passage in their room to dance in his silver forest.

But there is a cost.

The Keeper likes to keep things.

Azalea may not realize how tangled she is in his web until it is too late.


   I read this book in early June, so this review is very late, and I apologize to the people of Harper Collins, who sent it to me! I loved this book so much. I had a very grand pleasure of reading this novel, and for a debut novel, it's certainly incredible. It's loosely based on the twelve dancing princesses.
   Azalea's story is definitely intriguing. From the early death of her mother, and the year of mourning, it's very interesting. It seems like a whole different world, which it is in a way. Especially through the passage that they meet the Keeper! The Keeper, he was definitely a unique character. At first appealing and caring, it quickly turns to the opposite.
   I loved every single princess! They all had their own personality and it was great getting to know every single one. It was easy to keep track because the names were in alphabetical order from age. My favorite was definitely Bramble. She was hilarious and such a delightful character!
   There was everything in this fairytale: drama, action, hurt, and of course, romance! This book was very good, and I highly recommend you pick it up your next trip to the bookstore.
   I give it 5 keys.


Love,
Sophia


Oh!-and the cover! It's beautiful!!

2 comments:

  1. I want this one for the gorgeous cover! This has been on my WL since ARC's went out. Then I saw the finished copy and wanted it more! But I saw some mixed reviews and I kind of let it slide down my WL a bit. And now, shoot- I want it BAD again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! I'm so glad you liked this book!! :D It's one of my favorites... I agree about the princesses - I love them all for totally different reasons! :D I also lovelovelove her writing.

    Great review!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I read all of them and appreciate them so much. And if you have a blog as well, I always try my best to return the favor! Thanks again for visiting The Book Basement. ^-^

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...