Sunday, May 15, 2011

The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks by E. Lockhart

Synopsis: Frankie Landau-Banks at age 14:
Debate Club.
Her father’s “bunny rabbit.”
A mildly geeky girl attending a highly competitive boarding school.
Frankie Landau-Banks at age 15:
A knockout figure.
A sharp tongue.
A chip on her shoulder.
And a gorgeous new senior boyfriend: the supremely goofy, word-obsessed Matthew Livingston.
Frankie Laundau-Banks.
No longer the kind of girl to take “no” for an answer.
Especially when “no” means she’s excluded from her boyfriend’s all-male secret society.
Not when her ex boyfriend shows up in the strangest of places.
Not when she knows she’s smarter than any of them.
When she knows Matthew’s lying to her.
And when there are so many, many pranks to be done.
Frankie Landau-Banks, at age 16:
Possibly a criminal mastermind.
This is the story of how she got that way.
   What a synopsis. Sort of vague, but totally intriguing, no? I love it. My friends told me to pick this book up and so I did. I cannot thank them enough. This book was wonderful and absolutely spectacular.
   The characters were amazing. Frankie was very strange and I loved her. She was adorable in her own way and yet more devious than myself (which is an accomplishment!). Although she was unrelateable in my opinion, she was a hilarious and enjoyable character. I especially loved her "inpeas." Those made me smile. She actually had a life besides her boyfriend and I loved how she was so strong, never whiny. 
   The secret society was pretty pointless yet such an important part to all the Alabaster boys that were in it. I loved Frankie's power and deception. It was great. I don't want to give anything away, so... Everything was unexpected. Frankie takes us with her on her ride through every rank and every prank throughout her disreputable history, and fills it with drama, thrills, humor, and pure enjoyable fun! It was also a very quick read!
   This book was marvelous! I loved it. 4.5 keys.
Love,
Sophia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I read all of them and appreciate them so much. And if you have a blog as well, I always try my best to return the favor! Thanks again for visiting The Book Basement. ^-^

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...