Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver

Synopsis: What if you only had one day to live? What would you do? Who would you kiss? And how far would you go to save your own life?

Samantha Kingston has it all: the world’s most crush-worthy boyfriend, three amazing best friends, and first pick of everything at Thomas Jefferson High—from the best table in the cafeteria to the choicest parking spot. Friday, February 12, should be just another day in her charmed life.

Instead, it turns out to be her last. Then she gets a second chance. Seven chances, in fact. Reliving her last day during one miraculous week, she will untangle the mystery surrounding her death—and discover the true value of everything she is in danger of losing.



I received this book from the incredibly kind people of Harper Collins. Let me tell you straight off, this book is worthy dying for. It was just such a great book, I stayed up to the late hours reading it. Samantha Kingston is a likable character from the start. She's a great narrator and her point of view on every little thing is interesting. Although her crush on her teacher was not my thing, it didn't hurt the story. Rob, Sam's boyfriend, on the other hand... Well, I have no clue what Sam saw in him. Seriously.

Samantha goes to a party and on her way home (with her best friend, Lindsay driving) there's a huge crash against something unknown (later to be revealed in the story). Samantha loses her life. That's fine, I guess, but then she starts that day over again... and again... and again. It happens 7 times and each time she does something different, learning from her mistakes and actions until she finally gets it right.

This book is beautifully written even with that crude teenage stuff going on. The plot intrigued me throughout the whole novel and the perfect cause and effect throughout each death day had my eyes glued to the pages. This book touched me in ways I didn't expect and I was totally in love with almost all of the characters. Thanks again to the people of Harper Collins Publishing! :) 

This book definitely deserves 5 keys

Love,
Sophia


2 comments:

  1. That sounds like a really great premise. Thanks for the review. I just put this book on my wishlist!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was good, but i felt like it dragged on sometimes, and the main charachter is constantly referencing her past and all that. The end was actually sort of confusing, and i still don't understand it. I couldnt put it down though, i wanted to see what happened next.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I read all of them and appreciate them so much. And if you have a blog as well, I always try my best to return the favor! Thanks again for visiting The Book Basement. ^-^

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...