Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Amy & Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson

Synopsis: When you're on a road trip, life is all about the detours....
    Amy Curry is having a terrible year. Her mother has decided to move across the country and needs Amy to get their car from California to Connecticut. There's just one small problem: Since her dad died this past spring, Amy hasn't been able to get behind the wheel. Enter Roger, the nineteen-year-old son of and old family friend, who turns out to be unexpectedly cute... and dealing with some baggage of his own.
    Meeting new people and coming to terms with her father's death were not what Amy had planned on this trip. And traveling the Loneliest Road in America, seeing the Colorado mountains, crossing the Kansas plains, and visiting diners, dingy motels, and Graceland were definitely not on the itinerary. But as they drive, Amy finds that the people you least expected are the ones you may need the most--and that sometimes you have to get lost in order to find your way home.
    I won this book from the wonderful blog of in which a girl reads! It came with a digital keychain which I will be filling up with cool pics. But I'm not here to talk about me. I'm here to talk about this book, which I thought was fantastic!
    First off, I love the cover. I think it's awesome and cute and... awesome. The colors, the font, the holding hands thing, I love it all!
    I loved the book more. Amy was a great narrator and she lets you into her mind and only her mind. The flashbacks were great and made everything seem so real. Morgan Matson does an incredible job with the characters. Amy and Roger were just so realistic!
    The little scrapbook and "Where I've Been" pages that are scattered throughout the book made it so cute and enjoyable! This book was a really cute and light read with deep and moving messages. Like the tragedy with Amy and her father. Charlie's, Amy's brother, story isn't that great of a background either.
    Morgan Matson's debut novel is mind blowing and one of my favorite reads of 2010 so far. Can't wait for her next book!
    4.5 keys!
Love,
Sophia

4 comments:

  1. You're so lucky that you got this book! I'm glad it was awesome, I can't wait to read it! Great review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am dying to read this. I must buy it ASAP

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree about the cover! This is what caught my eye first. I read the book, and it is hilarious! It's now one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just read the Temple Wars Novel on Ganesha! The story is well told through a parallel protagonist Tarun who helps Ganesha retrieve his objects from the spirit world. It's a page-turner that will have you wanting more. You guys should check it out! Temple Wars

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I read all of them and appreciate them so much. And if you have a blog as well, I always try my best to return the favor! Thanks again for visiting The Book Basement. ^-^

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...