Thursday, July 29, 2010

Pretty Little Liars by Sara Shepard


Synopsis: Alison, Aria, Emily, Hanna and Spencer were best friends, until Alison disappeared. Three years later, the remaining girls, now juniors at Rosewood Day, are leading separate, but charmed lives.
    After living in Iceland, Aria returns home sophisticated and worldly. Emily is a champion swimmer, Hanna is the most popular girl in school, and Spencer's accomplishments make the average type-A valedictorian look like a slacker. But in Rosewood, appearances are deceiving, and when the girls start receiving mysterious texts signed by someone named A, the past threatens to ruin their perfect present. A claims to know all of their secrets—but who is A? How much does A really know? And what can four pretty little liars do to protect themselves from the truth?


    I was only able to watch the first episode of the ABC Family series, but I was hooked. So, when I heard of the wonderful opportunity to read this book online, I grabbed it. Now I'm not sure if I like the TV series anymore. It's SO different!
    The start of the series has to be good for the series to take off. Obviously, Sara Shepard whipped up a scandalous story filled with tons of of romance, suspense, mystery, and betrayal.
    Right now, I'm itching to read Flawless, which is the sequel.
    I don't think that the book was as good as I thought it'd be. The writing was just okay, but the plotline was just like reading a soap opera! So dramatic.
    Anyway, I'd recommend reading the series and then watching the show, because the show is making things up as it continues. Also, it kind of spoiled the book for me. :(
    The characters are intriguing, the plot never pauses for breath, and the suspense is enough to make you tear the pages. Everyone wonders, What happens next? Only A knows. Anyway, this book earned 3.5 keys!


Love,
Sophia


4 comments:

  1. Just read this amazing new YA fiction on Ganesha - Part 1 of the Temple Wars series - I think everyone should check it out! Temple Wars

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I read all of them and appreciate them so much. And if you have a blog as well, I always try my best to return the favor! Thanks again for visiting The Book Basement. ^-^

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...