Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Review: The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks

Description: Seventeen year-old Veronica “Ronnie” Miller’s life was turned upside-down when her parents divorced and her father moved from New York City to Wilmington, North Carolina. Three years later, she remains angry and alienated from her parents, especially her father… until her mother decides it would be in everyone’s best interest if she spent the summer in Wilmington with him. Ronnie’s father, a former concert pianist and teacher, is living a quiet life in the beach town, immersed in creating a work of art that will become the centerpiece of a local church. The tale that unfolds is an unforgettable story about love in its myriad forms – first love, the love between parents and children – that demonstrates, as only a Nicholas Sparks novel can, the many ways that deeply felt relationships can break our hearts… and heal them.
    I recently finished The Last Song by my friends's requests. They were like, "Sophia, it's so good!" or, "Once you start reading it, you can't put it down." And so, of course, I had high expectations. And to be honest with you, I was pretty disappointed. Maybe I had too high of expectations or something.
    Don't get me wrong, I liked the book. It just wasn't as good as I thought it'd be. I just don't think Ronnie and Will's relationship was really that strong. I didn't feel that connection between the two of them. Now, I know a bunch of girls are willing to disagree with me, but whatever.
    And now for my character analysis:


Ronnie: Probably one of the very few main female characters that I like. I honestly never like the main girl character, but I like Ronnie. She's tough and yet no one comes sweeter than her. Ronnie has unique spunk.


Will: Uh, where do I start? Will's a nice character, very thoughtful and caring. But there's something off about him; something rotten. And though I can't pinpoint what it is, I know it's there.


Steve: Love him! He's definitely my favorite character. He's so sweet and caring. He's so selfless and I absolutely admire him.


Blaze: She's a good person choosing some not-so-good paths. But I don't think any reader ever lost faith in her. In the end, everyone knew she was going to choose the right choice.


Marcus: I hope he dies.


Yeah, so there you go. I, honestly, thought the book was a little predictable. I give it 4 keys.


Love,
Sophia


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I read all of them and appreciate them so much. And if you have a blog as well, I always try my best to return the favor! Thanks again for visiting The Book Basement. ^-^

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...