Thursday, April 8, 2010

Review: FANG by James Patterson

   
Synopsis: FANG WILL BE THE FIRST TO DIE. Maximum Ride is used to living desperately on the run from evil forces sabotaging her quest to save the world--but nothing has ever come as close to destroying her as this horrifying prophetic message. Fang is Max's best friend, her soul mate, her partner in leadership of her flock of winged children.
    BUT THERE WILL BE ANOTHER... When a newly created winged boy, the magnificent Dylan, is introduced into the flock, their world is upended yet again. Raised in a lab like others, Dylan exists for only one reason: he was designed to Max's perfect other half.
    This book from the Maximum Ride series has sent many girls all over the nation swooning for this "hotter-than-Edward-Cullen" bird kid named, of course, Fang. Luckily, I am not one of them. And after reading this book, I am even more anti-Fang.
    With new bird kid Dylan, whose only purpose if to be Max's "perfect other half", I expected a whole lot of drama and jealousy between Dylan and Fang. Like always though, I was disappointed. There was only one scene where a hint of jealousy was shown between the two characters.
    Okay, also, hey, Mr. Patterson? Stick with writing action! Seriously. James Patterson is trying to change Max and Fang into Bella and Edward or something. Honestly, there are events in this book that make me feeling like I'm reading the Twilight Saga all over again (and I've already read that series enough to last a lifetime). But Max and Fang were making out on, like, every other page.
    In this book, I think Max gets a whole lot whinier and loses her temper way too easily. Either that or I never noticed her annoying attitude before.
    Anyway, Dylan's creator is Dr. Gunther-Hagen. Dr. G-H is an evil scientist (aren't they all?) who thinks he has the solution that will help humans survive after the apocalypse. He, of course, wants the flock. Blah, blah, blah, nothing new here.
    Now for my character analysis:


Max: is getting on my nerves. She's too infatuated with Fang. She's a bad leader and she always seems lost. She's rather whiny.


Fang: is not the Fang I once knew. Now he's all touchy-feely and gooey and I don't like it one bit. What happened to his tough face and "don't-mess-with-me" attitude?


Dylan: I like him! There's absolutely nothing wrong with him, in my opinion. In fact, I wouldn't mind if him and Max got together (especially after how the book ended).


Angel: Hate her. Hope she dies. Stupid power-hungry traitor.


    Yeah, so I'm gonna have to five this book 2.5 keys. Harsh? I don't think so. Check the book out for yourself.

Love,
Sophia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I read all of them and appreciate them so much. And if you have a blog as well, I always try my best to return the favor! Thanks again for visiting The Book Basement. ^-^

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...