Saturday, April 24, 2010

Review: Cindy Ella by Robin Palmer

Synopsis: Prom fever has infected LA - especially Cindy's two annoying stepsisters, and her overly-Botoxed stepmother. Cindy seems to be the only one immune to it all.
    But her anti-prom letter in the school newspaper does more to turn Cindy into Queen of the Freaks than close the gap between the popular kids and the rest of the students. Everyone thinks she's committed social suicide, except for her two best friends, yoga goddess India and John Hughes-worshipping Malcolm, and shockingly, the most popular senior at Castle Heights High and Cindy's crush, Adam Silver. Suddenly Cindy starts to think that maybe her social life could have a happily ever after. But there's still the rest of the school to deal with.
    With a little bit of help from an unexpected source and a fabulous pair of shoes, Cindy realizes that she still has a chance at a happily ever after.


   This is one of the most predictable books I have ever, ever read. And it's not just the fact that we know it's going to end up like the Cinderella fairytale. I won't spoil the book, but if you are over the age of ten, then you will know exactly what's going to happen, in EVERY SCENE.
    The plot and characters were unrealistic and the tiny part of "romance" near the end of the book was SO RUSHED. It was like, "Hi," and then kiss. Then another kiss. Rush, rush, rush. You don't see the relationship develop. And I don't think Cindy and Adam (I think we already knew that they were gonna get together) knew that much about each other.
    The humor was not very funny, in my opinion. The plot was okay, I guess, but the book was not enjoyable, in my opinion. I guess there were a few good scenes, but all in all, I wouldn't recommend it.
    Now for my character analysis (because I don't want to complain too much):


Cindy: is okay, I guess. I kind of don't like her. She's kind of whiny (like all other female main characters in books nowadays) and over-analyzes everything. She is rather childish, in fact.


Adam: In the summary (which I didn't write. I don't write any of the summaries in my posts), it says that Adam is following Cindy's non-prom agenda. Well, in the book, it's not that obvious that he's following it. He is an unrealistic character.


I'm going to give this book 2 keys.


Love,
Sophia


1 comment:

  1. I Know! from the beginning this book was so predictable. Nice idea, but not very well written. Maybe there's another one like it out there somewhere. Keep looking!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I read all of them and appreciate them so much. And if you have a blog as well, I always try my best to return the favor! Thanks again for visiting The Book Basement. ^-^

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...